Are the Orioles your #1 team overall?

EOGDOT

O's and Skins are very very close to my heart. With the way the O's have been the last 11 years, its been hard not to let Skins win out and be my #1 team. But I know that the minute the Orioles turn it around, they will swoop back in and take over the #1 spot without a doubt. 1997 was the best summer of my life and not because I was heading into senior year of HS. It was all about the Orioles that summer and I can't wait for another summer like that!!

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is the Orioles number 1 by a long, long margin!

I shared on here once how Orioles baseball is still and integral part of my family; it is a common thread that has bound us from my grandfather to my dad, from me to my daughters!

I was born on October 8, 1966, from there is was fate. Paul Blair hit a monster homerun off Claude Osteen and Wally Bunker followed up Palmer's awesome game against Koufax with another shutout.

The next day, McNally shut them out again and I am still not sure which October event meant more to Dad, the O's first championship or his first son! To this point I think we have both caused him about equal hardship!

Brooks was my first childhood hero, then Cal, now my girls love Brian and Nick. I had an Orange VW with Black interior for the longest time; horrible car to try to move a child around in, but it was Orange and Black! Anyway...

1) Baltimore Orioles

2) Staley High Falcons! (My daughters team!)

3) Kansas State Athletics (My daughters future team or they pay for their own education! =) )

4) Oakland Raiders - YES, I know, but the Colts traded my favorite player, Bubba Smith to the Raiders before the '72 season and I followed him to his new team!

Too much DC for my liking. Didn't anyone see the Ravens/Skins game? Thought I'd throw some trash talk in....

All joking aside, it's all about hometown loyalty for me. I from Baltimore, MD so that's how I cheer. Nothing better then seeing a community get behind one team, Ex: Orioles Hangout

1) Orioles

2) Ravens

3) Terps Hoops

4) Packers (Folks are from Wisconsin)

5) Terps Football

6) The Under Dog

Even better, what if we start a hate list. Who are your favorite teams to jeer for.

1) Red Sox

2) Steelers

3) Duke

4) Yankees

5) Notre Dame

6) Cubs

7) Colts

8) Patriots

9) Redskins

10) Celtics (All of the NBA at that)

Hmm, I seem to hate a lot more then I like. Not a good sign with it being the holiday season

Archived