Report - Teixera signs with Yankees

Skipjack33

Bigbird is really the only insider that we should listen to in the future.

Sorry, Belkast, but nothing you said was even close to true. You were had.

I may change my mind, but this really is making me consider giving up on baseball. Absolutely ridiculous.

I am with you. There is no way his source knows anything if he was as far off as he was. I can understand if the bidding ended at 10/200 or close to that, but obviously the information his insider provided was erroneous. Not blaming Belkast for passing on what he heard, but I don't see how he can still be considered an insider.

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am still a baseball fan and will follow the O's until the day that I die, but I will no longer follow MLB until they institute some kind of cap. This is ridiculous and I am done. I am not even mad that we didn't get Tex. I am mad that MLB allows this to happen and seem happy about it. What a joke!

I need details from AM....

and I need them now.

If 8/180 is the final offer and they didn't go for it, I have no faith in the organization

If the Orioles moved from 7/150 and Teixeira declined, I'm immediately purchasing a ticket to opening day to join the booing crowd that awaits him.

Typical Yankees swoop in and sign him. Baseball is no longer fun. The top three players go to the Yankees and they just have an unlimited amount to spend. Earlier in the week they get hit with a huge luxury tax, doesn't stop them. Baseball is broke and I'm done waisting my time following a team that can't commit to winning. Thank god we have the Ravens, because the O's are a laughing stock. Just wait for the Roberts and Markakis debacle to start. They won't be able to do that right either. We blame the media, but if the news is true, and we will find out in time that AM did not up the offer or be aggressive, then why not quit and just go home. Why all this hype. How embarrassing if we find out the Nats had a better offer on the table. Sell the team and stop embarrassing us fans!!!

I'm done with MLB. That is ridiculous for one team to be able to sweep CC, Burnett and Tex up in the same off-season. $500 million payroll. BS How can you be a fan of a team in a league that can corner that much talent? The only games I will go to will be the Yankees games to boo viciously Mr. Mark Teixeira.

Why does Tex have no heart?

How are the yankees ruining the game?

Its real simple he wanted to play here but we were never going to offer the money it took to do it. We threw out a 7 yr deal knowing that it was going to take at least 8 to get it done. We were told we had a wow offer which is obvious we never were going to do.

After all the free agents went elsewhere due to geographical bias, the one free agent who actually wanted to play for this joke of a franchsie, we lowball him and he signs with the yanks.

Good for the MFY's realizing how good of a player he is and signing him.

How many times can us Oriole fans get kicked around by this franchise before giving up.

OPACY will have its lowest attendance this year by far, and with our pitching staff we could be heading to any easy 105+ loss season.

To me its simple until Angelos is gone we will be a joke.

Guest BrettMeister86

You're telling me that Andy and Pete couldn't beat a final number much lower than what most of us expected? That they couldn't go 5-10 mil more to get the job done and save this franchise? This is absolutely pathetic and for the Orioles to let him go to a rival like that for a price lower than most thought is unforgivable. The Orioles are dead to me, as they will be to most people. This isn't fairweather you can't support a team that doesn't support its fans or give them any hope.

Archived