Mayo, Cowser and Norby promoted to Bowie

baltimoreO's22

16 hours ago, Frobby said:

Peek looks like he may deserve one.   Tavera is on the IL now but has had a lot of really good outings mixed with two really bad ones.  

They have to make room for these 3 promotions in Bowie so I predict Zach Peek will get promoted to AAA today, Cullen and Graff will be moved to either Norfolk or Aberdeen, and there is a possibility Daschbach could be moved up. He's been hitting well this last month.  

Norfolk is short 7 players and they have 3 rehabbing in Aberdeen. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, JustLearning said:

They have to make room for these 3 promotions in Bowie so I predict Zach Peek will get promoted to AAA today, Cullen and Graff will be moved to either Norfolk or Aberdeen, and there is a possibility Daschbach could be moved up. He's been hitting well this last month.  

Norfolk is short 7 players and they have 3 rehabbing in Aberdeen. 

OK, so I was 2 for 3. Peek didn't get promoted but Cullen moved up and Graff was released. Didn't see tat coming yet.

Fontana is in Aberdeen on a rehab assignment after a wrist fracture. Hoping he does well as he was on such a roll before he fractured his wrist. 

They are all drinking the Kool-Aid big time!   Haha

I like when Norby says "we" instead of "they"

"I don’t think about it, it’s just putting good swings on pitches. Need to continue to look for my pitch and try to put a good swing on it. When you go up and look for homers, that’s when you don’t hit them. It’s picking the good pitches to hit and hunting the heart of the zone, which is what we preach.”

Some comments from Elias:

“We’re looking forward to seeing what these guys are going to do in Bowie,” said executive vice president/general manager Mike Elias.

“It was the official halfway point of the minor league season, so that’s always a good time to look at people you want to promote. And these are guys that were performing well, doing well-above league average. I think their production is probably a little bit better than their raw numbers show, just looking at some luck and the offensive environment at Ripken Stadium and that league in general, and they were ready for the challenge. Everything that we use to evaluate whether a minor leaguer is ready for the next step told us this is the right move for these guys.”

https://www.masnsports.com/blog/elias-explains-timing-of-latest-prospect-promotions

Reading Melewski detail about the split Eastern League season and thinking about Grayson, it kind of hit me that Rodriguez eventual rehab might fall in with the Eastern League second half division race and postseason if the Baysox do the Worst to First thing in a 70-game sample.

Kjerstad could be there late too if things go real well.   Drew Rom has a season to redeem.   Ignacio AA reps to inform 40-man decision.