Roch Kubatko sets the OH on fire

blueberryale77

Any of these would work. But no sending down the flavor of the month. He's fun and we love him! :P

Not to mention that (and with this one I'm serious) there just is not room on a baseball field for all those DHs at the same time!

There's also no need for 3 1/2 shortstops !!!...;)

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As the Geico Caveman says "What"? :confused: After all the espousing you did against it? You gotta be joking right?:eek: When I proposed this I was moronic in your view and ridiculed beyond belief, but now that Roch does the same you are re-considering?

Unbelievable, amazing and proof that wonders never cease!! That is all I can say!! I am astounded to the point of being speechless! Maybe you should have "considered" it when I proposed it eh? :(Good Grief!!

Eli-

Leave Drungo alone! I'm already annoyed that the discussion Frobby and I were having about shortstops yesterday got locked because of the bickering. Be nice! There are ladies present, k?

Thanks! :)

They are not going to move Mora back to a Chone Figgins role at his age. He was an abysmal shortstop in his prime and he no longer has anything approaching the speed to be a passable centerfielder. If ego weren't an issue, you might be able to move him back and forth between third base and left field, but that's about it. And remember, he backed out of the World Baseball Classic because his country (boy this thread is all about Venezuela isn't it?) wanted him to play LF. I think given Mora's NTC your best option by far is to trade Tejada rather than move him to 3B here... unless Mora has a setback and misses extended time with his foot.

I looked at his stats at short, and they are below league average, except for range factor. http://www.baseball-reference.com/m/morame01.shtml. And you are probably correct about his loss of speed. But don't forget, he wouldn't be starting. His role would just be as a fill-in, and you don't get too many guys who play all infield and all outfield positions on your team too often.

And by the way, Blue, you made me cite fielding stats which I have never done in my life. In other words, you have taken away my virginity!:D

As the Geico Caveman says "What"? :confused: After all the espousing you did against it? You gotta be joking right?:eek: When I proposed this I was moronic in your view and ridiculed beyond belief, but now that Roch does the same you are re-considering?

Unbelievable, amazing and proof that wonders never cease!! That is all I can say!! I am astounded to the point of being speechless! Maybe you should have "considered" it when I proposed it eh? :(Good Grief!! This is a classic example of why it doesn't pay to be condescending if there ever was one.

Main Entry: sar·casm

Pronunciation: 'sär-"ka-z&m

Function: noun

Etymology: French or Late Latin; French sarcasme, from Late Latin sarcasmos, from Greek sarkasmos, from sarkazein to tear flesh, bite the lips in rage, sneer, from sark-, sarx flesh; probably akin to Avestan thwar&s- to cut

1 : a sharp and often satirical or ironic utterance designed to cut or give pain

2 a : a mode of satirical wit depending for its effect on bitter, caustic, and often ironic language that is usually directed against an individual b : the use or language of sarcasm

synonym see WIT

Eli-

Leave Drungo alone! I'm already annoyed that the discussion Frobby and I were having about shortstops yesterday got locked because of the bickering. Be nice! There are ladies present, k?

Thanks! :)

Yeah, I am beginning the NASA countdown as to when this one will be locked as well. The funny thing is I read the blog and was laughing about it and thought, should I or should I not start another thread, and lo and behold someone else already beat me to it! Thanks goodness for that!:D

There's also no need for 3 1/2 shortstops !!!...;)

Shortstops are smaller so you can fit more on a field and besides Brian doesn't need too much room over there at second. ;) Plus with Fahey gone there would be only Miggy, Hernandez and Gomez (who would be playing mostly 3B for the time being). Two utility IFs is relatively normal.

Yeah, I am beginning the NASA countdown as to when this one will be locked as well. The funny thing is I read the blog and was laughing about it and thought, should I or should I not start another thread, and lo and behold someone else already beat me to it! Thanks goodness for that!:D

You're going to need to get used to it if you want to enjoy posting here. There are many occassions where you may start a post that gets slammed only to have those who slammed it get onboard when it appears from another source with whom they agree. Also, there are a handful of highly knowledgable and respectable posters here, sometimes information that's posted doesn't really get noticed or considered unless one of them are involved in it. It's life here.

Please, stop talking about other posters and how the board is run. I respect your ideas about Tejada's defense and I can understand how you got on the defensive, but the sniping back and forth just needs to stop yesterday. I think part of the reason people reacted so much more favorably to what Roch said and things I have said is that it wasn't confrontational. Please try to keep the discussion on the field where it belongs. I know your ideas weren't respected by everybody but two wrongs don't make a right and it's time to forgive and forget.

There are many occassions where you may start a post that gets slammed only to have those who slammed it get onboard when it appears from another source with whom they agree.

I'm sorry, but this is just false. You may not like or agree with SG or Drungo or whomever else qualifies as a "highly knowledgeable and respected poster" (HKARP :D), but at the very least they're consistent in their ideas, and if they change them, they do so for a solid reason, not just because they're hopping on someone's bandwagon.

I'm sorry, but this is just false. You may not like or agree with SG or Drungo or whomever else qualifies as a "highly knowledgeable and respected poster" (HKARP :D), but at the very least they're consistent in their ideas, and if they change them, they do so for a solid reason, not just because they're hopping on someone's bandwagon.

There's no value added in gettng into the specifics... but I obviously disagree with you in general here.

You're going to need to get used to it if you want to enjoy posting here. There are many occassions where you may start a post that gets slammed only to have those who slammed it get onboard when it appears from another source with whom they agree. Also, there are a handful of highly knowledgable and respectable posters here, sometimes information that's posted doesn't really get noticed or considered unless one of them are involved in it. It's life here.

I respect knowledge when it is also applied with common sense. However, I also don't respect arrogant condescending behavior or failure to acknowledge when you are flat out blatently wrong. If that is the case here, those who said I won't be around wrong are correct. If I hang around those who like to engage me will find I will argue stubbornly when I think I am right about something but will not engage in discussions of statistical analysis (defer to the experts) but always disagree with the premise it is superior over on-the-field observation.

In other words I am no expert, but I am also no waffler either. When I take a position I stand by it. I have to be shown beyond a shadow of a doubt that I am wrong on something and then I will freely acknowlege it. That is just my modus operandus. Always has been and always will be. I have limited tolerance for wishy washy viewpoints on anything.

There's no value added in gettng into the specifics... but I obviously disagree with you in general here.

That's fine. The last thing we need is more useless pissing contests on this board. (Not saying that's a usual thing, just that there have been a lot of them recently.)

I looked at his stats at short, and they are below league average, except for range factor. http://www.baseball-reference.com/m/morame01.shtml. And you are probably correct about his loss of speed. But don't forget, he wouldn't be starting. His role would just be as a fill-in, and you don't get too many guys who play all infield and all outfield positions on your team too often.

And by the way, Blue, you made me cite fielding stats which I have never done in my life. In other words, you have taken away my virginity!:D

You realize I hate range factor more than the Red Sox and Yankees combined, right? ;) He's a bad shortstop. Trust me. My Mets fan friends still have nightmares when they think about him playing shortstop. Not only is Brian Roberts an infinitely better shortstop than Melvin, I'd give Markakis and Patterson a chance of playing it better left-handed. OK, that last part's a little bit of an exxageration, but Melvin was never a good SS, not in the minors or anywhere else. In my mind, the primary purpose of a backup infielder is to provide defense, so they'd better not be below average. As for Melvin being just a fill in, right now we are starting both Jay Payton and Aubrey Huff almost every day. We have a long way to go before we can afford to have a healthy Melvin Mora in the lineup less than at least 85 or 90% of the time.

BTW... congratulations on, um... losing your virginity... but I swear I had nothing to do with it. :P

Please, stop talking about other posters and how the board is run. I respect your ideas about Tejada's defense and I can understand how you got on the defensive, but the sniping back and forth just needs to stop yesterday. I think part of the reason people reacted so much more favorably to what Roch said and things I have said is that it wasn't confrontational. Please try to keep the discussion on the field where it belongs. I know your ideas weren't respected by everybody but two wrongs don't make a right and it's time to forgive and forget.

It was never my intent to be confrontational as afterall, I am a newcomer here. However, when I feel strongly about my view on something I will hold my ground. To me that is all I have been doing. I can take ridicule and derision when I deserve (clearly have been shown to be stupidly wrong) but that was simply not the case here.

You can't deny that there are some less "KHARP-y" posters who do jump on the bandwagon though (or more like join the feeding frenzy)... and that sometimes the sheer volume of condescending posts from the KHARPs and bandwagoners combined can be a little intimidating to a newbie. Of course that doesn't mean the poster under attack should lash out and turn the discussion from baseball to a peeing contest. There is entirely too much metatext on this board especially during the months of the season when the O's are out of the race. And too much testosterone. Sometimes I think we need a rule that there have to be at least two female posters around at all times... or a female mod to break it up when the guys lock horns.

Archived