Sports Guy

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Blow the whole thing up.

Roberts and Markakis to the Indians for LaPorta, Mills, ACab, Miller and Hodges

Luke Scott to the Mets for Nick Evans

And that's just for starters...

And I'd seriously put Arrieta in the rotation and give Tillman and Matusz a shot to make the rotation.

We are going to lose a ton of fans this season so we might as well get rid of all the name players and build around the Big Three, Jones and Wieters who I would try to extend ASAP...

There is no way you trade Markakis, this year. And if you did that deal your getting for him WITH Roberts is garbage.

Markakis will extend if not this year then next, He is gonna be a better player then Tex anyways and is our true cornerstone to build around.

Well, Tex is gone. Good. Let's move on.

Let's get a couple of pitchers not named Redding or Looper.

Try to sign Dunn 4 or 5 years at 14/15 M.

Extend Markakis and BRob (if possible). If BRob doesn't want to stay, trade him.

I despise the Yankees but but they playing within the rules. That being said the rules should change. Cap 140 Mil. Floor 60 Mil.

Locking up Markakis becomes the top priority. Everything else is a distant second. They need to get SP, whether that's trading for a guy with a big short term contract (Marquis), going international, or signing a guy like Looper. I'm not saying take the Tex money and give a SP crazy money with long term contracts, but they need to get one or two more guys in here who can throw strikes and prevent the bullpen from pitching half of the innings.

I'm not saying you trade Roberts because we didn't sign Tex, but you shop him around and see what you can get. If he doesn't get traded and he doesn't extend, so be it.

The offense isn't bad for '09. I'd like to see Huff at 1st, Scott primarily at DH, and Reimold/Montanez show what they can do in LF.

Hopefully Rowell and Snyder progress in the minors and they can be our future corner guys.

Locking up Markakis becomes the top priority. Everything else is a distant second. They need to get SP, whether that's trading for a guy with a big short term contract (Marquis), going international, or signing a guy like Looper. I'm not saying take the Tex money and give a SP crazy money with long term contracts, but they need to get one or two more guys in here who can throw strikes and prevent the bullpen from pitching half of the innings.

I'm not saying you trade Roberts because we didn't sign Tex, but you shop him around and see what you can get. If he doesn't get traded and he doesn't extend, so be it.

The offense isn't bad for '09. I'd like to see Huff at 1st, Scott primarily at DH, and Reimold/Montanez show what they can do in LF.

Hopefully Rowell and Snyder progress in the minors and they can be our future corner guys.

I swear there has got to be a power hitter in there somewhere.

I would hope we at least sign Kawakami.

Trade Roberts for the best possible deal, talk to dodgers about deal involving Hu and maybe MacDonald.

Trade Scott to cubs for Marquis, Pie and Hill.

Ask Mora to waive no trade and see if twins will bite.

Trade Huff and Sherrill. Looking to get back some corner infield prospects.

Extend Markakis.

We would have a very nice young outfield with Pie, jones and Kakes.

Marquis, Hill and Kawakami would help our starting pitching out greatly.

The Angels seem to be a team that Huff and or Sherrill could net us some help.

There are alot of things that need to be done, which makes me wonder why we even made an offer to Tex, while we dragged our feet on making other moves.

Extend Markakis, Trade Roberts, Trade Huff, Trade Mora if possible, and Trade Scott if the deal is right. Sign one or both of the Japanese pitchers.

Us not getting Tex could be a blessing in disguise, we need to stay the course and continue to rebuild and get younger. Our time will come in 2010-2011.

"Rebuild and Get Younger" HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! I love it, is that the best you can come up with? No I'm not insulting you by any means. Seriously, we have nothing to look foward too. Maybe Tex getting a WS Ring with the Yankees has a nice twist to it right?

"Rebuild and Get Younger" HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! I love it, is that the best you can come up with? No I'm not insulting you by any means. Seriously, we have nothing to look foward too. Maybe Tex getting a WS Ring with the Yankees has a nice twist to it right?

The Yankees continue to spend, but how many rings do they have since they started doing that?

Know what SG? I'm gonna go out on a limb and disagree with you that Nick extends.

Nick has just seen what can happen to your bank account when you hit the FA market in your late 20's. He's spent three seasons toiling on a horrible ballclub. He has no better idea if Matsuz/Arrieta/Tillman will pan out than the rest of us. He has no idea if this team will EVER compete...just like the rest of us.

I'm sure Nick has been promised that we'll build around him...essentially the same pitch that Tex got to come here.

If we extend Nick, he'll do the smart thing and request an opt out so he can be free after his 28/29 season if this "rebuilding" project is failing.

Mark my words, Nick Markakis will have his day on the free agent market. It could be anywhere from two to five years from now, but he will have it.

It's just my hope that the Orioles have unscrewed themselves by then so he'll think about sticking around rather than bolting up the coast as soon as he possibly can.

You're kidding yourselves if we think that we'll be able to get anybody signed via free agency or in-house. Looper? Redding? Henderickson? Uehara? Kamsiwihami? No Sheets? Dunn? Lowe? Cabrera is gone.

I don't think we'll do anything. Call me pessimistic, but they're not gonna do anything exciting.

Archived