Saturday afternoon July 2: Orioles try to bounce back after tough loss vs Twins

SteveA

Just now, SteveA said:

Kiriloff's double   It got over his head, he was a bit awkward turning around.   Not a great effort, but OTOH it probably would have been a SportsCenter top 10 play if he did make it.   It certainly wasn't a routine play or something that he botched.

But he was out there specifically for plus defense, and he was not plus on that play.

Thanks. McKenna is better than average, but I think highly overvalued here as a defensive player.

2 minutes ago, LA2 said:

Thanks. McKenna is better than average, but I think highly overvalued here as a defensive player.

He's Larry Harlow.

Whom I have now managed to mention twice in a game thread over 40 years after he retired.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tony-OH said:

The only thing good about this 4-game losing streak it's a reality check for the fans that thought the Orioles were suddenly contenders for the wild card. 

Thry will be more than double digit games away from even fourth place in AL East  by season’s end.  As usual. 

4 hours ago, Surhoffan17 said:

I would hardly call that anything resembling good.

Well, I just mean it's better to be in reality than getting your hopes up and then being disappointed. This year should be a step in the right direction, but they have six teams ahead of them for the last wild card spot and are 6.5 games back before today's loss.