Sunday July 3: Orioles try to complete 3rd consecutive .500 road trip in Minnesota

SteveA

Gametime:  2:10 pm EDT

Weather:  80 degrees, no precipitation

Matchup Tyler Wells (R) vs Devin Smeltzer (L)

Lineups

1.  Austin Hays (R) LF
2. Trey Mancini (R) DH
3. Ryan Mountcastle (R) 1B
4. Anthony Santander (S) RF
5. Adley Rutschman (S) C
6. Tyler Nevin (R) 3B
7. Rougned Odor (L) 2B
8. Ryan McKenna (R) CF
9. Richie Martin (R) SS

1. Luis Arraez (L) DH
2. Carlos Correa (R) SS
3. Jorge Polanco (S) 2B
4. Jose Miranda (R) 3B
5. Max Kepler (L) RF
6. Nick Gordon (L) LF
7. Gary Sanchez (R) C
8. Alex Kirilloff (L) 1B
9. Gilberto Celestino (R) CF

Orioles Bench
Jose Arauz (S)
Robinson Chirinos (R)
Jorge Mateo (R)
Cedric Mullins (L)

Bullpen Availability

Available
Keegan Akin (L)  3.1 IP, 43p Monday

Bryan Baker 2.2 IP, 28p Wednesday
Joey Krehbiel 0.1 IP, 14p Monday 
Cionel Perez (L)  1.1 IP, 15p Friday
Dillon Tate  0.2 IP, 16p yesterday;  1.0 IP, 11p Wednesday

Nick Vespi (L) 0.1 IP, 21p Wednesday 

Maybe Available
Felix Bautista  1.0 IP, 9p yesterday;  0.2 IP, 10p Friday

Probably Not Available
Jorge Lopez  0.1 IP, 17p yesterday;  1.0 IP, 13p Friday;  1.0 IP, 28p Wednesday

That inning is a microcosm of why they've lost 4 straight and tumbling down the standings. You can't blow opportunities like that and expect your pitching to bail you out every time. Too much pressure on them which is what we've seen in blowing leads/ties in three of the last 4 games.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, dtk9119 said:

That inning is a microcosm of why they've lost 4 straight and tumbling down the standings. You can't blow opportunities like that and expect your pitching to bail you out every time. Too much pressure on them which is what we've seen in blowing leads/ties in three of the last 4 games.

Exactly. I mean, they could even get a sac fly. 

My brother-in-law who lives in Sherwood and has coached in the same league(s) as Adley's dad in the past asked me yesterday what I thought of AR.  All I could say was streaky, not good lately with RISP, great framing, excellent blocking, excellent presence behind the dish, and for sure spending a lot of time getting to know the ins and outs of a ML staff and the ML hitters his staff has to face.

It's so hard to be patient for him to come around/get consistent offensively.  I know he's going to have his struggles like they all do, but it's hard to wait for that to work out, and dependability to emerge.

Just now, justD said:

My brother-in-law who lives in Sherwood and has coached in the same league(s) as Adley's dad in the past asked me yesterday what I thought of AR.  All I could say was streaky, not good lately with RISP, great framing, excellent blocking, excellent presence behind the dish, and for sure spending a lot of time getting to know the ins and outs of a ML staff and the ML hitters his staff has to face.

It's so hard to be patient for him to come around/get consistent offensively.  I know he's going to have his struggles like they all do, but it's hard to wait for that to work out, and dependability to emerge.

Yeah, he's definitely streaky and it's frustrating to watch. 

5 minutes ago, Beysbol said:

Yeah, he's definitely streaky and it's frustrating to watch. 

Streaky? He’s been in the majors less than two months. He hasn’t had time to be streaky. You guys are being incredibly unrealistic.