Monday July 4 afternoon: Orioles' first July 4 home game in 14 years

SteveA

I'm sure @SteveAwill beat me to it, but for those not watching, Arauz hits a ground ball through the right side.  AR shows off that sprint speed by scoring from 2nd.  Hays makes it to 3B but Arauz keeps running toward 2B and the ball comes right to the second baseman in front of him, and it only took like 2 throws to throw him out so Hays had to hold up and couldn't score.  I can kinda see what the new guy was trying to do, but man, wasting Hays on 3rd. 

Edit: Hey Steve, or anyone else watching, if I got this wrong feel free to correct :)

4 minutes ago, justD said:

I'm sure @SteveAwill beat me to it, but for those not watching, Arauz hits a ground ball through the right side.  AR shows off that sprint speed by scoring from 2nd.  Hays makes it to 3B but Arauz keeps running toward 2B and the ball comes right to the second baseman in front of him, and it only took like 2 throws to throw him out so Hays had to hold up and couldn't score.  I can kinda see what the new guy was trying to do, but man, wasting Hays on 3rd. 

Edit: Hey Steve, or anyone else watching, if I got this wrong feel free to correct :)

Nope, your descritpion was spot on.

3 minutes ago, justD said:

Too many baserunners for Kremer.  He won't be able to go very deep at this pace. 

It's 2022.   Wanting your starters to go deep is SO early 20th century. He'll give us 5 innings and we'll take it with a smile.

16 minutes ago, dtk9119 said:

Some weird challenges and sequences early. Nice double by Mullins but why send him w the IF in? He was out by a mile. They could have gotten more there. 

No commonly accepted baseball tactic annoys me more than automatically sending a runner from third on a ground ball.