Monday July 4 afternoon: Orioles' first July 4 home game in 14 years

SteveA

29 minutes ago, SteveA said:

It's 2022.   Wanting your starters to go deep is SO early 20th century. He'll give us 5 innings and we'll take it with a smile.

Agreed that it won't happen today, but Kremer is only 3.67 shutout innings away from a season ERA of 1.00. Who would have expected this from his first six starts?

But uh-oh: two Rangers on with Seager batting....

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

I hate not using the "Closer" in or after the ninth inning on the road if it isn't a save situation.

Yes--but I wonder: Has starting extra innings with a runner-on-second altered that some?

5 minutes ago, LA2 said:

Agreed that it won't happen today, but Kremer is only 3.67 shutout innings away from a season ERA of 1.00. Who would have expected this from his first six starts?

But uh-oh: two Rangers on with Seager batting....

Ok, I confess to having committed the worst jinx of my whole OH-life! 🥵 Kremer's ERA has more than doubled to 2.48 since I posted.... Which shows how few innings he had pitched in reality. Clearly still a SSS.

11 minutes ago, dtk9119 said:

Stupid Hyde BP management. Why the F did you leave Kremer in?!?!?!

Agreed. Almost as if the game moved too quickly for Hyde. Those first two runs were on 3 pitches after Seager's first-pitch single. Seager can hit anyone, but Mitch Garver and his lefty-killing career stats (.870 OPS, 25 homers in 387 ABs) shd have never been allowed to bat against a 90-pitches-thrown southpaw with 2 runners on. Very poor managing.

3 minutes ago, Gentile4 said:

If we were in a race for a playoff spot, I'd agree with you, but young pitchers have to learn how to get out of a jam. 

Not at 90 pitches thrown and a southpaw-slaying batter due up.