Gunnar Henderson Now #5 in MLB.com Updated Top 100

StillanOfan

17 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Not shocking on Martin. I never quite saw what the hubbub was over a guy with a good hit tool, but mediocre power and no real position. 

Yea I bought into it early in the process because everyone was raving about him but as the process went on, I had the same issues.  

Could he stay at SS and would he hit for enough power that his hit tool was really going to matter?  

Those are big questions but they are even bigger questions when it’s a college player.  You shouldn’t have those questions.  

To me, Brooks Lee seems like a far better bet as a good high pick than Martin did.

1 hour ago, NelsonCruuuuuz said:

Yep, and by a large margin. Worst decision of Elias’ tenure so far and gives me limited confidence for this year as a result. 

We really need to pump the brakes on this big time. Previously, passing on Martin was his worst move. Lawlar was a top prospect who has been basically 20 years old this entire season. The pitching in low-A ball after the minor league contractions is terrible so anyone that age with that pedigree should be dominating. Let's see how he responds to better pitching before we make any declarations. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LTO's said:

We really need to pump the brakes on this big time. Previously, passing on Martin was his worst move. Lawlar was a top prospect who has been basically 20 years old this entire season. The pitching in low-A ball after the minor league contractions is terrible so anyone that age with that pedigree should be dominating. Let's see how he responds to better pitching before we make any declarations. 

Also, isn't it kind of ironic that in a thread about Gunnar Henderson being the 5h best prospect in MILB, that we're bashing Elias' drafting?  He did draft Gunnar Henderson.  Just saying...

1 hour ago, LTO's said:

Let’s give it 10 years to make sure nobody admits they’re wrong:)

3 hours ago, NelsonCruuuuuz said:

Yep, and by a large margin. Worst decision of Elias’ tenure so far and gives me limited confidence for this year as a result. 

Right, but you're okay with him taking Lesko or Parada 1:1, correct?

And oh by the way, if Lawlar was in the Orioles system or the Orioles had a top SS prospect with 19 errors in 43 games you can be sure that it would be a source of concern.