Nevin

DEOriolesfan

Urias has positive value and I would not be surprised if he finds a role on the team for the next 3+ seasons

It is time to move on from Nevin.  If Odor is traded, Urias slides in at 2B. I'd bring up Westburg first and Henderson in September if that's the case to get reps at 3B. Maybe Kelvin if he gets hot

2 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I can’t fault Hyde for putting out our best offensive lineup of the year. Could this be just a day off for Mateo, or is it an audition for Urias at SS. IMO this opens up the door to bring up Westburg without rocking the chemistry boat. Urias could help the team wean off Mateo as the everyday SS. 

When the dust settles, I could see Urias as the starting SS if he can handle the position, and Mateo as our utility infielder who starts around the diamond several games a week to give the non-1B infielders regular rest games. 

Don't get me wrong, Mateo's glove has been, for the most part, fantastic, and that should play as much as possible, but I don't think our regular starting shortstop should be "César Izturis-like OPS except there's occasional power."  So either he picks it up with the bat, or he becomes our utility guy, IMO.

Note:  There is no path where I see us dropping Mateo completely in the near future.  The speed and the defense are just too valuable to give up.

Nevins failing his audition to have a place on the team once "the infield" arrives from Norfolk. He's looking more and more like a 4A player. I guess Nevin has until August to show something, by then hopefully some reinforcements arrive.