2022 2nd Round Pick Comp B (#67): Jud Fabian - OF - (Jr) Florida University

18 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Why? He went where he went on merit.  Why would he ask for more?  Because he can?   Slot is fair under this system. 

Slot is fair under this system? What? Then why do certain players and their agents ask, demand and often times get over slot each year for certain players? I'm sure he fell to us at #67 because of his price demands once again this year. Clearly Elias really likes him. It took an extra year but his got his guy. He will get overslot. My guess is a little shy of $2mil.

5 minutes ago, markpolis said:

Slot is fair under this system? What? Then why do certain players and their agents ask, demand and often times get over slot each year for certain players? I'm sure he fell to us at #67 because of his price demands once again this year. Clearly Elias really likes him. It took an extra year but his got his guy. He will get overslot. My guess is a little shy of $2mil.

He fell to 67 because he hit .239 one year after hitting. 249.  

2 hours ago, markpolis said:

I stand corrected. Looks like Fabian signed for slot. 

No problem.  Also draft tracker on MLB actually has him listed at 674K which is of course under slot.   I'm not sure which figure is right but it's definitely not over slot.

• Upvote 1

In the pre game tonight, Kevin Brown said Fabian wanted to play for the O’s.  I’m sure it must have been frustrating to have been picked by the Sox right before us last year.  I’ll be rooting hard for this young man.

42 minutes ago, Hazmat said:

In the pre game tonight, Kevin Brown said Fabian wanted to play for the O’s.  I’m sure it must have been frustrating to have been picked by the Sox right before us last year.  I’ll be rooting hard for this young man.

You think he would have signed if we picked him last year?

12 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

You think he would have signed if we picked him last year?

Apparently, the Red Sox picked him right before our selection without having had any conversations with him or his agent. Sounds like he was in communication with the O’s.

2 hours ago, Hazmat said:

Apparently, the Red Sox picked him right before our selection without having had any conversations with him or his agent. Sounds like he was in communication with the O’s.

So if Jud signed today, in one day we beat the Yankees and the Red Sox!    Sweet!

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Hazmat said:

I think I would have taken the $3 million and kept my Oriole fanhood to myself.