What to do about Judge

Bahama O's Fan

I’m to the point of just walking him if there are runners on base.  What he does against us is insane.  34 homers and 75 RBI in 82 games.  That’s nuts.  

The two-out walk to Gallo last night really killed us.   He was down in the count and looked foolish on his two swings, then we didn’t make him swing the bat again.  Next thing you know LeMahieu singles and here comes Judge.  Ugh.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

I’m to the point of just walking him if there are runners on base.  What he does against us is insane.  34 homers and 75 RBI in 82 games.  That’s nuts.  

The two-out walk to Gallo last night really killed us.   He was down in the count and looked foolish on his two swings, then we didn’t make him swing the bat again.  Next thing you know LeMahieu singles and here comes Judge.  Ugh.

Make him hit your pitch or walk him.

• Upvote 2

JD Martinez has 33 homers, 90 RBI (!!!!) and an OPS of 1.130 against us in 90 games, yet we continue to pitch to him. That is 10 more homers and 25 more RBI than he has against any other team. But I suppose it is easier to stomach bc Judge and JD are actually very good players, unlike turds like Grishuk who destroy us and nobody else.  

More frustrating is the Yankee ownership of Camden Yards since it opened.  I have to find the numbers but they seem to beat us here with more success than any road team should ever have against an opponent.  Although I am sure Minnesota would be jealous of our home record against NY.

Okay I found the numbers.  Yankees 156-102 all time in Camden Yards.  A .605 winning percentage….for a road team in another team’s park.  Only 7 times in 30 complete seasons did we win the season series against them at home.  5 of those times happened from 2013-2017.  

Somehow, I actually thought it was much worse than this.  I guess their 15-31 record at Camden from 2013-2017 really hurt the numbers.  

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Jagwar said:

I would fine any pitcher $500 for any/every pitch to Judge within a foot of the strike zone. 

At this point I wouldn't even bother going that far in most cases (trying to pitch around him, I mean... you can still make a mistake, even doing that). 

I'll pitch to him if the bases are loaded, or if they are empty and we are multiple runs ahead.  In ALL other scenarios, I'm just pointing to first base.