Saturday night July 23 -- Yankees at Orioles

SteveA

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Yossarian said:

I was going to say the same thing. 

And it probably wound up costing us a run.

No margin for error vs the Yankees.   You can't make a mistake here or there that leads to a run and expect to win.

One thing among others that the Yankees have way over us is depth on the bench: they can sit down Stanton, Locastro, Gallo, and Trevino and start Carpenter, Hicks, Torres, and Higashioka instead. LeMahieu's position versatility is crucial. Impressive.

Yankee announcers stressing the need for Cole to go deep.   Holmes had a 5 out save last night, King obviously gone.   Loaisaga and Leutge have gone two days in a row an and aren't available.

So all we have to do is knock out Cole and we are sitting pretty!

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, SteveA said:

And it probably wound up costing us a run.

No margin for error vs the Yankees.   You can't make a mistake here or there that leads to a run and expect to win.

And it's only been by those one or two runs that we've been losing the last few games against better teams.

15 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Visiting my mother at the nursing home tomorrow, just checked in to my hotel in Glens Falls NY and, once they brought a remote to my room because it was missing, I found that the hotel does have YES Network.

Play Ball!

Glad you're able to watch the O's while visiting your mom. Hope they give you both something to smile about tonight. 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Just now, LA2 said:

Boston had to face Manoah after yesterday's rout. They managed a solo HR and that's it. Hope we can close the gap with them this weekend.

After being outscored 55-10 in their last 3 games, a 4-1 loss should feel like a victory to them.