Saturday night July 23 -- Yankees at Orioles

SteveA

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Yossarian said:

Adley with the clutch hit.  Nice.  Do you think he could have got three if Carpenter didn't stop it?

Hard to tell on TV how quickly Judge might have been able to get to the ball.

Unless Judge was shaded well over toward left center, he probably could have gotten to it fairly quickly, and with two out, Rutschman would have been best advised to stop at second.

1 minute ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

This umpire has one strike zone for Yankees hitters and another for Orioles hitters. There's no way Lyles gets that called third strike on Mancini if he's pitching against the Yankees.  

Pitch was down the middle and too close take.  

Just now, Remember The Alomar said:

They are completely different players in so many ways, so it's not a fair comparison, but I don't think Wieters had the bat speed that Adley has. Ever.

I agree the one thing that stood out to me about Wieters when he first came up was his bat speed. The ball never seemed to pop off his bat like it does with Adley. Plus Wieters couldn't run and Adley has very good speed running the bases for a catcher. 

• Upvote 1

We are in this damn game!  Let's get Cole out of there this inning.

Back at the hotel, wound up talking football at the brewery with a couple of Buffalo Bills fans while watching the last few innings.   One of them says there's too much baseball, advocates 100 game season and all 7 inning games.   Hey, everyone has an opinion.