Saturday night July 23 -- Yankees at Orioles

SteveA

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, SteveA said:

Well, at least we made him throw 21 pitches in the first.

Off in search of dinner.   There's a brewery a couple miles up the road that has a food truck.   Hopefully they will have the game on TV.

Which brewery?

11 minutes ago, Jagwar said:

I still don't understand why the first basemen doesn't stand right on the bag or even slightly in foul territory when holding on the runner. Wouldn't the ball get to the bag faster if the first baseman let the ball travel?

I'm pretty sure eight fielders who aren't the catcher are required to be in fair territory when the ball is pitched.

3 minutes ago, tntoriole said:

Watching the Orioles play the Yankees is just like watching a cat toying with a mouse .. we will be fortunate to win even one more game against this team 

Yeah, they're way too good. Looks like the only team that can beat them is Houston, who I'm actually rooting for to win the World Series. 

23 minutes ago, LA2 said:

20 more pages to read in a difficult novel. Will check back in mid-game. If Cole has been knocked out I'll brave going to a sports bar here in Brooklyn with my Os helmet on. Go O's!

What’s the title?

21 minutes ago, Jagwar said:

Which brewery?

Northway.  They have the game in TV but the food truck ended at 6.  So if I want dinner l have to move on.  Not rely hungry, I stopped for fast food at like 3pm on my 400 mile drive.  A beer or two here then maybe back to the hotel, with a stop for some type of snack along the way.  Don't really need dinner.