Saturday night July 23 -- Yankees at Orioles

SteveA

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, WillyM said:

They could probably find a lot more than that if they went back far enough.  The Orioles and Yankees were involved in a 17-player trade after the 1954 season.

Don Larsen, Billy Hunter, and Bob Turley all went from the Orioles to the Yankees.  Gene Woodling, Gus Triandos, and Willy Miranda were among those who went from the Yankees to the Orioles.

Oh yeah, there are so many.   I can probably name 10 more in 2 minutes from my lifteime without looking at a reference.   Let's see:

Reggie Jackson, Zach Britton, Steve Pearce, David Wells, Jimmy Key, Nestor Cortes, Miguel Castro, Elrod Hendricks, Eliot Maddox, Brian Roberts.

--- I think I went over my 2 minute time limit but I came up with 10 without internet help.

Nice take on 0-2 Jorge.   I was scared, the YES network pregame ump scouting report said this ump calls outside pitches strikes at a higher than average percentage and that one was close.

Our 8-9 hitters tie it up!!!!!

I know the pen is thin, but sticking with a 30+ year old pitcher at over 100 pitches in the 7th inning on a 90 degree night is not the way things are done in the 2020s.   Thank you Boone.