30th anniversary of Camden Yards celebration

MurphDogg

Previous thread was closed due to baseless assertion that Adam Jones was snubbed.

Wanted to open a new thread mainly to discuss that Mike Mussina will be there for the celebration on August 5th. Interesting to have him back in the fold.

Also, Ubaldo (inexplicably).

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

Previous thread was closed due to baseless assertion that Adam Jones was snubbed.

Wanted to open a new thread mainly to discuss that Mike Mussina will be there for the celebration on August 5th. Interesting to have him back in the fold.

Also, Ubaldo (inexplicably).

Ublado was a key part to one of the most important moments in recent Oriole history.

I’m not surprised that Mussina will be there.  He’s an Orioles HOFer and certainly the best Orioles pitcher ever to throw a pitch at OPACY.   He was there for the years when it sold out every night, and produced many of its greatest moments.  

is there a full list of who’s coming?

16 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Ublado was a key part to one of the most important moments in recent Oriole history.

That was in Toronto. 

11 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I’m not surprised that Mussina will be there.  He’s an Orioles HOFer and certainly the best Orioles pitcher ever to throw a pitch at OPACY.   He was there for the years when it sold out every night, and produced many of its greatest moments.  

is there a full list of who’s coming?

I've come around on Mussina and like him again after initially feeling betrayed when he signed with NY. But he's proven that was the correct choice for him at the time. The team didnt win again for 11 years, while Mussina pitched in the playoffs basically every year.  

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, jabba72 said:

That was in Toronto. 

I've come around on Mussina and like him again after initially feeling betrayed when he signed with NY. But he's proven that was the correct choice for him at the time. The team didnt win again for 11 years, while Mussina pitched in the playoffs basically every year.  

I said Orioles not Camden Yards.

"Baseless assertion". From the literal mouth of the subject of said "baseless assertion".  Totally "baseless" and made up out of thin air. 

Never change kool aid drinkers, never change.  This is a proud franchise who never does stupid, petty things. Any suggestion otherwise is completely 
"baseless". 

I wonder if that list of players from the website is due to individual moments in the park's history, more than the overall output/how memorable each player was.  That certainly explains Andino.  And wasn't Ubaldo the winning pitcher when they clinched the division in 2014?  That would explain his inclusion if so.

Not sure if that explains Gibbons, Lopez, Reboulet though.  Lopez I think started the OD game where it snowed so much you couldn't see the RF from behind home plate; that RF was Gibbons.  So maybe that?

Edited by Fiver6565

3 minutes ago, Fiver6565 said:

I wonder if that list of players from the website is due to individual moments in the park's history, more than the overall output/how memorable each player was.  That certainly explains Andino.  And wasn't Ubaldo the winning pitcher when they clinched the division in 2014?  That would explain his inclusion if so.

Not sure if that explains Gibbons, Lopez, Reboulet though.  Lopez I think started the OD game where it snowed so much you couldn't see the RF from behind home plate; that RF was Gibbons.  So maybe that?

Reboulet had some moments as a utility player on the 1997 Orioles, but Gibbons is a bit of a head scratcher given the PEDs allegations and his Orioles career flaming out in a hurry in the wake of the allegations. 

1 hour ago, MurphDogg said:

Chris Davis backed out due to a family conflict, which is kind of a bummer. Adam Jones is the most notable player who is not yet confirmed. I think Cal Ripken has a conflict as well. Here is the site for full details which already added the newly confirmed players.

I'm really not interested in any celebration that doesn't include Ripken and Jones.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Moose Milligan said:

Live look-in at Tony when he hears that Mussina is coming to the 30th anniversary celebration:

2BC.gif

I’m right there with him. I know it’s probably petty, but I’ll never stop hating any Oriole that goes to the Yankees. 

Edited by RarityFlaherty