30th anniversary of Camden Yards celebration

MurphDogg

3 hours ago, RarityFlaherty said:

I was raised to hate the Yankees first above all else, then the Colts. And then as a Ravens fan I developed a hate for the Steelers and Browns. After that, I’m pretty indifferent. I don’t usually go into individual players, but I was a kid when we lost Mussina and that really pissed me off. I also hated Teixeira for being from Maryland and going to the Yankees. I think the whole Jeffrey Maier thing made me an angry little baseball fan. 

It’s like me as to any Chelsea player who later went to Tottenham.  I talking about the cock-kisser in particular.  That is not what you think, as the cock is Tottenham’s logo on their shirt.

1 hour ago, Chelsea_Phil said:

It’s like me as to any Chelsea player who later went to Tottenham.  I talking about the cock-kisser in particular.  That is not what you think, as the cock is Tottenham’s logo on their shirt.

Funny how we can both be Orioles fans, but you root for Roman Abramowitz' boys.  I have no love lost for anyone who leaves White Hart Lane for Chelsea. #COYS

Edited by DrungoHazewood

8 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

Davis doesn't want to get boo'd, probably a good idea. He should just slowly creep away from anything orioles after the way he took money and roster spot for years when he no longer could play. 

But, that's a conversation for another day.

For me, this event is an opportunity to remember the best and forget the worst.   On this occasion, I’d cheer Chris Davis for what he did in 2012, 2013 and 2015, and let the negative stuff slide.  

I must say though, I’m underwhelmed by the announced list of players attending this event.  

14 hours ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Reboulet had some moments as a utility player on the 1997 Orioles, but Gibbons is a bit of a head scratcher given the PEDs allegations and his Orioles career flaming out in a hurry in the wake of the allegations. 

Reboulet had Randy Johnson's number in '97 post-season.

2 hours ago, Chelsea_Phil said:

Guthrie, a very underrated Oriole.  Shoot, I had totally forgotten about him.

He kind of left a bad taste because of how he acted in the O’s - Royals series.   But yes, he was a stalwart for us during several of the lean years.  

19 hours ago, MurphDogg said:

I don't think Davis would get booed. Time heals all wounds, and it isn't like he wanted to stop being a decent player.

Time heals all wounds but I’m not sure there’s been enough time here yet whereby Chris Davis would avoid boos.

22 hours ago, TradeAngelos said:

"Baseless assertion". From the literal mouth of the subject of said "baseless assertion".  Totally "baseless" and made up out of thin air. 

Never change kool aid drinkers, never change.  This is a proud franchise who never does stupid, petty things. Any suggestion otherwise is completely 
"baseless". 

Hi Nestor 👋 

23 hours ago, TradeAngelos said:

"Baseless assertion". From the literal mouth of the subject of said "baseless assertion".  Totally "baseless" and made up out of thin air. 

Never change kool aid drinkers, never change.  This is a proud franchise who never does stupid, petty things. Any suggestion otherwise is completely 
"baseless". 

Adam Jones said that he hadn't gotten an invite, which the team acknowledged and said that an invite was forthcoming.

If they did invite him and he is welcome to attend, he wasn't snubbed.

He is still an active player (although he is unsigned for this season) so perhaps the protocol for inviting him was different.

Is it possible that the team didn't intend to invite him until he said he hadn't been invited?

Sure, but there has been no evidence presented to that assertion. Hence that assertion is baseless.

I am certainly interested in hearing whether any other players were also invited subsequent to Adam's comments, as that would suggest whether the Orioles actually had intended to invite additional players. Obviously if Adam wasn't later invited that would be evidence of being snubbed as well.

The Orioles have had rocky relationships with Mussina and Chris Davis, and they were invited, so I am willing to give them the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise.

6 minutes ago, Chelsea_Phil said:

What did he do?  I forgot.

I forget exactly but he wore a t-shirt with some annoying slogan on it and made a few remarks that sounded like a backhanded slap at the Orioles.   Not enough to make me dislike him but it seemed out of character considering that he was pretty much a class act with the O’s.  
Edit:  Here it is: https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2232761-royals-pitcher-jeremy-guthrie-apologizes-for-post-game-shirt.amp.html

Edited by Frobby