Nolan Reimold’s forgotten moment

Frobby

35 minutes ago, Pickles said:

You got me wracking my brain about who is my favorite least significant Orioles.

I always liked Billy Ripken, but that feels like cheating.

Curt Blefary was my favorite when I was a kid.  Him and then Chico Salmon. 

38 minutes ago, Orioles4Life21 said:

Shoutout to Chris Davis as well for getting it started with the double with nobody on and 2 out. Think he may have had 2 strikes on him as well.

Davis did get it started, following strikeouts by Adam Jones and Mark Reynolds. But he jumped on the first pitch, according to the the play-by-play on Bb-Ref.

Chico was obtained for another favorite player when I was a 11 year old boy … Gene Brabender… last name always induced 11year old hysterics.  “And Brabender is coming in to pitch.”

But Chico was one lousy fielder.  In fact, while  he was still with the team, the Orioles had a mock award named the Chico Salmon No Touch Award "to recognize fielding prowess that had all the deftness of a rhinoceros knitting," according to Jim Palmer.

1 hour ago, DrungoHazewood said:

Some of my favorite Orioles are Pete Stanicek, Nate McLouth, Jack Cust, RC Gonzalez (but not Rene), Jim Dwyer, Jack Voigt, Luis Mercedes, Dave Dellucci, Harry Berrios, Cal Pickering, Jon Knott, JR House, and Willis Otanez.

Loved Nate McClouth. I’m not sure if the numbers back it up but it always seemed like made a big play in 2012.

Nolan broke his neck for the team - that makes me a fan. 

His family was well liked in Jacksonville and they did good things at the Catholic high school. Also makes me a fan.

55 minutes ago, Pickles said:

You got me wracking my brain about who is my favorite least significant Orioles.

I always liked Billy Ripken, but that feels like cheating.

I loved Todd Frohwirth and Hyun Soo Kim. As a high schooler I used to carry a Storm Davis rookie card  (1983 Fleer) in my wallet for luck. It worked, too… I graduated!

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, pdiddy said:

Loved Nate McClouth. I’m not sure if the numbers back it up but it always seemed like made a big play in 2012.

Nolan broke his neck for the team - that makes me a fan. 

His family was well liked in Jacksonville and they did good things at the Catholic high school. Also makes me a fan.

Never heard if anything came of his lawsuit.

I'm guessing nothing did.

This one comes to mind for me, though I remember the Andino game double well. 

He came off the bench to hit a walk-off HR to complete a sweep of The Indians 6 years ago this week. I was there and I had my phone's cam running, but this is a better video of it. 

9 hours ago, Pickles said:

I just googled him.  Apparently, he's married to some designer and he has 7 kids.  Good for him.

Probably best left unsaid,  but I remember there was some scandal involving him when he was in the MiLs with a woman who was his fiancee at the time I believe.  Reimold was not accused of any wrongdoing, far from it, but I am glad to see he has seemingly found happiness in family life.

Here’s a scummy post for anyone interested in what they look like. I’m not gonna talk about what’s wrong with this guy but here’s a rumor I heard about.

• Downvote 1

I remember when Mancini came up, his bat was compared to Reimold. Thankfully Mancini's career ended up quite a bit better.

On 7/29/2022 at 2:09 PM, InsideCoroner said:

I loved Todd Frohwirth and Hyun Soo Kim. As a high schooler I used to carry a Storm Davis rookie card  (1983 Fleer) in my wallet for luck. It worked, too… I graduated!

Hyun Soo Kim had such a great hitting approach, like Markakis and Rutschman. I wonder how he would've done if he had access to today's more accurate hitting machines. It felt like he was just a bit off in timing a lot, and he just didn't have a lot of reps seeing major league pitching in his career.