This is strange...

blueberryale77

Can this organization get any dumber??

I don't think so. When Bynum comes back, we could trade Payton for a prospect, then we could have 4...yes...FOUR!....utility infielders on the team!!

Maybe they are going to go for the record for utility infielders on a major league roster??? :confused::confused::confused:

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
NOOO!! I don't think Fahey and Bynum are even comparable. Can Fahey play any OF position other than LF?

Bynum's role was picking splinters out of his ass and occasionally pinch-running. I think Fahey can cover that role quite well...

NOOO!! I don't think Fahey and Bynum are even comparable. Can Fahey play any OF position other than LF?

Fahey can play any position on the field better than Bynum and is a smarter (though not faster) baserunner. His hitting is a little worse (very terrible as opposed to moderately terrible), but what you need out of a guy who gets very few at-bats is to be reliable as a late-inning replacement. That being said, I don't think he means permanently, just while Bynum is on the DL. We'll have to see what happens when he's ready to come back. I hope he and Fahey both disappear at least from Baltimore.

The thing that boggles my mind is that Fahey, Bynum, & Hernandez all fill the exact same role. There's no need for more than one of them on this team. We need more offense... maybe someone who can (gasp) hit the ball over the fence. But really, you could see it coming. Knott was barely seen with his latest stint up here.

Pitching and defense will only get you so far... and with this team, it looks like a ceiling of around .500.

Way to reach for the stars. Woo-hoo! :rolleyes:

I'm assuming they make the move in between games because isn't Tejada ineligible for the suspended game?

No, Tejada is eligible if they activate him before the game. The only players not eligible are the ones who were replaced during the game:

Millar, Bynum (not eligible anyway since he's not now active) and Gibbons. Pitchers not eligible are Cabrera, Shuey, Parrish and Ray (who could have "continued" to pitch had he not been on the DL). Otherwise players on the 25 man roster either continue to play or can be used as replacements. Apparently that would come to 26 players so we must name a player currently active to not be eligible for the game. I wonder if we could name a starter like Bedard - who won't play anyway - as the 26th man?

The thing that boggles my mind is that Fahey, Bynum, & Hernandez all fill the exact same role. There's no need for more than one of them on this team. We need more offense... maybe someone who can (gasp) hit the ball over the fence. But really, you could see it coming. Knott was barely seen with his latest stint up here.

Pitching and defense will only get you so far... and with this team, it looks like a ceiling of around .500.

Way to reach for the stars. Woo-hoo! :rolleyes:

Keeping Fahey over Knott is the thing legends are made of...Legends of stupidity.

ZERO justification for that.

Could we possibly have Bynum, Fahey, Gomez and Hernandez on the team at the same time?

Bynum is still on the DL. I can't imagine even Trembley will figure a way to keep all four. Since I think Trembley is smart enough to realize that he's not actually a good defensive player, I suspect his days with the O's may be just about over.

Archived