This is strange...

blueberryale77

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I love stuff like this.

So, your justification for this move is because Trembley likes and wants it?

Amazing!

Uh...yeah. He is the manager, not you, not me, not anyone on this board. And if this is the lineup he wants, that's the line up he gets. Making a big thing of sending Knott down is ridiculous. Don't you think that he believes with Tejada coming back, and Mora not far behind him, that we will have the bats necessary to win games. And Fahey will go down when Mora comes back. And maybe...hopefully....they make a decent trade or two.

I still do not understand why Payton was not in CF and Knott in LF vs LH starting pitchers. Trembley had recent quotes about using all 25 men on the roster - but I never saw it in this case.

There should have been more than enough opportunities for Knott against LHPs or as a pinch hitter late in the game. Earl Weaver would have found a way for Knott to get in 3 games a week. Sending Knott down to play everyday makes zero sense - he needs to be here and learn how to be a part-time player since that is all he will ever be.

You know, Knott's situation reminds me a lot of Mike Kinkade from a few years back. A guy arguably without a position, but someone that can rake against LHP. Really puzzling why few managers/teams in MLB can't understand the platoon principle anymore.

I still do not understand why Payton was not in CF and Knott in LF vs LH starting pitchers. Trembley had recent quotes about using all 25 men on the roster - but I never saw it in this case.

There should have been more than enough opportunities for Knott against LHPs or as a pinch hitter late in the game. Earl Weaver would have found a way for Knott to get in 3 games a week. Sending Knott down to play everyday makes zero sense - he needs to be here and learn how to be a part-time player since that is all he will ever be.

You know, Knott's situation reminds me a lot of Mike Kinkade from a few years back. A guy arguably without a position, but someone that can rake against LHP. Really puzzling why few managers/teams in MLB can't understand the platoon principle anymore.

Since Trembley has been here CPat has been on a tear and he has been hitting LHP better than RHP. Since he is by far the better fielder why bench him for Payton who hasn't been hitting as well.

What is strange?

The Orioles are seemingly making a poor roster decision...What is strange about that?

What would be strange is if they did the right thing with the roster.

That is a matter of opinion. I personally like it.:)

Kinkade? I remember that he could hit a fast ball okay but any kind of curve he was an automatic out. Once the book on him got out he only got a steady diet of curves, which is why he never made it.

Heard some rumblings that Trembley really likes how the defense has been without Miggy.

This backs it up.

The man is more obsessed with defense than Perlozzo was.

The first real chink in the armour for Trembley is now exposed.

Sounds more like a strength to me.:eek::P Trembley is impressing me as a genius of a manager!:D

Yea because Huff can play third and Gomez can play SS(this is while Mora is out and before we can call one of them back up)

As much as I dislike Tejada's defense at short, the thought of Huff playing third makes me cringe even more. I hope those days are gone forever soon when Mora returns.

Uh...yeah. He is the manager, not you, not me, not anyone on this board. And if this is the lineup he wants, that's the line up he gets. Making a big thing of sending Knott down is ridiculous. Don't you think that he believes with Tejada coming back, and Mora not far behind him, that we will have the bats necessary to win games. And Fahey will go down when Mora comes back. And maybe...hopefully....they make a decent trade or two.

So, you agree with every decision a manager makes?

Knott would never had played for Weaver unless he was hot and needed a fan.

Archived