Adley Rutschman’s “First Half”

Frobby

2 minutes ago, Joep said:

Part of Mountcastles problem is that he came into the season thinking he was going to lead the O's in home runs and RBI's.......he is not and it's messing with his head.........Go Adley

Was that because he led the team in HR and RBI last year?

Good thing teams didn't know he swung at bad pitches last year!

BTW he's second on the team in RBI and HR this year.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Joep said:

Thats why I said teams have figured him out.........chases all the time.......He is up to bat right now.....very rare walk...how about that

What's nonsense is that you think it would take until know for teams to "figure him out".  He's always been very aggressive.  You think it took 1K at bats for teams to gameplan for that?

Sorry to get off topic here, but perhaps worth noting that after tonight, Adley will be in (or just on the brink of) the top 30 in single-season WAR (both formulations) for a rookie catcher since 1950. 

If he can remain on this overall season pace, he’s going to threaten the top 5 — which means joining guys like Mike Piazza, Carlton Fisk, Thurman Munson, Johnny Bench, and Buster Posey among the best rookie catchers ever. 

• Upvote 3

50 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Sorry to get off topic here, but perhaps worth noting that after tonight, Adley will be in (or just on the brink of) the top 30 in single-season WAR (both formulations) for a rookie catcher since 1950. 

If he can remain on this overall season pace, he’s going to threaten the top 5 — which means joining guys like Mike Piazza, Carlton Fisk, Thurman Munson, Johnny Bench, and Buster Posey among the best rookie catchers ever. 

yeah-excellent.gif

9 hours ago, SpOkane said:

There's no way Adley's going to surpass .900.

He’s basically at the halfway point of his season, plus 3 games.   He’d need an OPS a little north of 1.000 the rest of the way to exceed .900 for the year.   Not very likely.   Still, what he’s already done is impressive and getting to .850 wouldn’t shock me.   He got this high a lot faster than I would have guessed a few weeks ago.  He has a .942 OPS from June 10 to now.  

Edited by Frobby

23 hours ago, Frobby said:

He’s basically at the halfway point of his season, plus 3 games.   He’d need an OPS a little north of 1.000 the rest of the way to exceed .900 for the year.   Not very likely.   Still, what he’s already done is impressive and getting to .850 wouldn’t shock me.   He got this high a lot faster than I would have guessed a few weeks ago.  He has a .942 OPS from June 10 to now.  

Well, he did exceed the .500 OPS challenge with flying colors. 😀 So, who knows? I think he'll be around .850 by the end of the season.  .900 could happen if he would stop hitting measly doubles and hit some longballs.