Yusniel Diaz to the SHOW!

Yardball85

Just now, vab said:

Just speculative on my part but I just think they have Stowers and Cowser coming quickly and Santander's value is about as high as it's ever going to be so it's a sell-high play for Elias. 

I'm not against it. 

I think the return has to be right.  Overall, I'd say it's probably less than a fifty percent chance he gets traded.  

1 minute ago, Tony-OH said:

Diaz has a .525 OPS over his last 30 days covering 77 PAs. They say he's the kind of guy that needs the big stage and bright lights to do well. This is probably his sink or swim moment for his 40-man roster spot.

Stowers can not be happy though unless he's coming up soon after another trade. He deserves to be here and the Orioles could use some left-handed pop.

I have a feeling the trades aren't done. I didn't think Elias would do much of anything, but now that Trey is gone you might as well sling Tony as well. We'll see...

More annoying to me is that Diaz isn't in the lineup. You already are resting Hays and playing Vavra in LF. Mancini is gone. This whole thing with calling guys up and having them sit on the bench is really frustrating. 

1 minute ago, interloper said:

I have a feeling the trades aren't done. I didn't think Elias would do much of anything, but now that Trey is gone you might as well sling Tony as well. We'll see...

More annoying to me is that Diaz isn't in the lineup. You already are resting Hays and playing Vavra in LF. Mancini is gone. This whole thing with calling guys up and having them sit on the bench is really frustrating. 

Jeez, give the guy more than 3-4 hours to get his head screwed on, will ya?   Diaz will get plenty of chances, I’ll bet.  

• Upvote 3

Really hard to get excited about Diaz. 

I'm not sure I subscribe to the bright lights theory.  Maybe there is an element of that but over any sustained period of performance in the minors over the last few seasons when he's actually been healthy, Diaz has just proven that he isn't very good. 

If you ask me if I rather see Diaz or Vavra in the lineup.  It's Vavra.  

Edited by ChuckS

7 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

I'm not against it. 

I think the return has to be right.  Overall, I'd say it's probably less than a fifty percent chance he gets traded.  

Somebody's going to get desperate at the last minute

This has to be because he's in danger of losing his 40-man spot, right? This is sort of his final chance to see if he can be the "big stage" player he's been billed as his entire career. I hope we see him take the opportunity and run with hit. (Or perhaps, this is Vavra's chance to get more ABs and Diaz isn't expected to get much playing time)???

2 minutes ago, jamalshw said:

This has to be because he's in danger of losing his 40-man spot, right? This is sort of his final chance to see if he can be the "big stage" player he's been billed as his entire career. I hope we see him take the opportunity and run with hit. (Or perhaps, this is Vavra's chance to get more ABs and Diaz isn't expected to get much playing time)???

I would think both Vavra and Diaz will get their fair share of AB'S.

12 minutes ago, seak05 said:

Only position player on the taxi squad was Benboom at C

I feel like Stowers has earned the promotion, not a real big fan of this move. Maybe if the team was out of contention. Least Vavra is getting some playing time

Totally agree with you on Stowers.  My assumption of Diaz being on the taxi squad was based on logic.  Guess logic doesn't go very far...

Diaz was the crown jewel in the Manny trade -- he's got the seniority and is on the 40 so give him a shot for a month or so and then if he doesn't pan out Stowers gets called up in Sept unless Santander is traded (which BTW I am now 100% against esp bc he's the only offense save Adley right now).

27 minutes ago, interloper said:

He may have just arrived so I get why they are not in the lineup the first day they are recalled. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Diaz is the play over Stowers because they probably want Stowers in the field everyday.  

Still developing his outfield skills? In the line up regularly I get.  Sorry I am just really angry that they have given up on this years team.

Just now, Daddy-O's said:

Still developing his outfield skills? In the line up regularly I get.  Sorry I am just really angry that they have given up on this years team.

I'm just not sure jettisoning Mancini equates to giving up on this year's team unless there's some invisible mojo that's disappeared.

Obviously Mancini is universally liked, and yes, I would much preferred Stowers to Diaz, who is highly unlikely to outperform what Mancini was providing (if you ignore that he plays defense occasionally), but it's not like we're trading Eddie Murray. 

• Upvote 1