Can Stowers put up a 751 OPS for the O's the rest of the season?

wildcard

On 8/2/2022 at 8:28 AM, wildcard said:

That would replace Mancini offensively.   Or is that too much to ask? Can he do better?

I see  Diaz as being with the O's for a short time.   He has not earned the promotion.   He will probably sit the bench until he is replaced by Stowers.    I think Stowers will get at bats over Vavra because of Stowers power.   

What do you think?

I think you're right. They may have promoted Diaz to light a fire under him. He has been in the minors too long and has grown stagnant. This trip may be a blessing in disguise for when he goes back down.

3 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Stowers will be up by 8/15 because we play in Toronto. Santander and Akin aren’t allowed in that country. 

I don’t see how he goes down after that. 

Both Santander and Akin have been vaccinated. The Orioles announced it almost two weeks ago.

Edited by MurphDogg

• 1 month later...

I’m bumping this thread because Stowers now has his OPS up to .749.   Obviously he got called up much later than this thread anticipated, and has played sporadically since his call-up.

Nevertheless, I think his current stats are about what I would nave expected on a per PA basis.   Slash line of .269/.313/.436.   A HR every 28 PA.  A 30% strikeout rate.  

Like most posters, I wish he’d had a bit more playing time and hope he plays most or all of the final six games.  

• Upvote 2

I'm anxious to see what Stowers looks like next year. I think this getting his feet wet this year will help. As others have pointed out he appears more comfortable now (particularly on defense) which should help next year. I really want to see him get more ABs against lefties.