Adam Dunn on our list?

BRob51

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What kind of contract is Dunn looking for that the Orioles would need him to come down?

I am going to guess that there is very little chance we will sign Dunn although I do think he is undervalued and he is someone we should go after.

I wouldn't give him more than 5 guaranteed years though.

What kind of contract is Dunn looking for that the Orioles would need him to come down?

I am going to guess that there is very little chance we will sign Dunn although I do think he is undervalued and he is someone we should go after.

I wouldn't give him more than 5 guaranteed years though.

How many years has he been reported to be asking for?

How many years has he been reported to be asking for?

No idea...I haven't read one thing about his demands....He should get as much or more than Carlos Lee got and maybe he is looking for that type of contract but unless the Nats really go crazy for him, I am not sure the market is there for him to get anything more than 5/75.

No idea...I haven't read one thing about his demands....He should get as much or more than Carlos Lee got and maybe he is looking for that type of contract but unless the Nats really go crazy for him, I am not sure the market is there for him to get anything more than 5/75.

$100MM for Dunn?! I can't see that happening.

Lee got that contract because he was, if I recall, the premier offensive player that was a FA that offseason.

Remember, Dunn wasn't offered arbitration, so we don't lose any picks if we acquire him.

I still think Anaheim, DC and maybe even Boston would be willing to go higher than us but we should definitely look into it.

Teams like Seattle and the Giants are also teams to look out for.

Dunn recently said the Cubs are the #1 team on his list.

Remember, Dunn wasn't offered arbitration, so we don't lose any picks if we acquire him.

I still think Anaheim, DC and maybe even Boston would be willing to go higher than us but we should definitely look into it.

Teams like Seattle and the Giants are also teams to look out for.

Dunn recently said the Cubs are the #1 team on his list.

Anaheim came out and said they're standing pat with their OF situation earlier this week.

Man, I really hope we can land him. If we did, does anyone think Brian Roberts would extend?

I'd love to have Dunn on the team, I don't understand the people who think his skills are magically going to vanish.

He is a lefty though, with the splits that go along with it. I guess long term, with Wieters as a switch hitter and Jones it becomes less of an issue, but for 09 with Huff and Markakis as our best hitters, it leaves us very vulnerable to left handed pitching.

Dunn's OBP and ridiculous power would be perfect for the lineup. I'd be tempted to bat Nick cleanup and put Dunn in the 3spot.

I don't see us getting him, however. He made 13mil last year, I'd be prepared to offer him something like 5yrs 80m, with options for 6 and 7.

Anaheim came out and said they're standing pat with their OF situation earlier this week.

Man, I really hope we can land him. If we did, does anyone think Brian Roberts would extend?

Dunn would likely be at first or DH for anyone, unless the Cubs decide to sign him.

I think Dunn may be limited to AL teams..but that is just a guess.

Hopefully BRob is dealt.

This is the type of thing that mlbtraderumors should not even post about. In the Zriebec article linked nowhere does MacPhail mention pursuing Dunn or any free agent DH. He mentions pitching and a place holder catcher.

Then Zriebec, completely speculating based on our lack of 1B/DH and Dunn being a free agent mentioned that he could be the middle of the order hitter the O's have been looking for.

When this appears on mlbtraderumors the assumption is the O's have interest in Adam Dunn, in reality the Orioles have shown zero interest in Adam Dunn. This is definitely not happening and I'm willing to "put myself out there" and make an Oldfan style bet on it.

Before we start a series of Dunn Watches, these are the key points to remember about Dunn

his price would probably have to come down significantly for the Orioles to get involved in the bidding.
MacPhail said. "But really, the model that we have to follow just doesn't allow us to devote that much of our resources to one player, at least not at the present time."
Source - The Sun

Archived