Adam Dunn on our list?

BRob51

Most teams want our pitching in return. Who would you want for Evans or Butler if you had them????

Then you offer up pitching prospect in the #6-#10 range or #11-#20 range. If one of the teams you're talking with demands Arrieta or Tillman, you tell them to go pound sand and move onto the next team.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Put the shoe on the other foot. AM calls you... you know the Orioles are looking for a 1B... what are you going to ask for in trade for your young stud 1B whom you don;t have to trade.

It's called taking a risk...

MacPhail should try it some time.

Roberts is gone no matter what, so we should be able to find a 1B man in trade for him. Or we can also offer up Luke Scott with Reimold ready to take over LF.

There are so many better options than signing stopgap 1B men...

Then you offer up pitching prospect in the #6-#10 range or #11-#20 range. If one of the teams you're talking with demands Arrieta or Tillman, you tell them to go pound sand and move onto the next team.

You're the other GM... who will you ask the Orioles for in trade for your young 1B whom you don't have to deal???

Put the shoe on the other foot. AM calls you... you know the Orioles are looking for a 1B... what are you going to ask for in trade for your young stud 1B whom you don;t have to trade.

Are you saying every team won't deal with us unless we offer up Arrieta or Tillman? That's insane.

It's called taking a risk...

MacPhail should try it some time.

Roberts is gone no matter what, so we should be able to find a 1B man in trade for him. Or we can also offer up Luke Scott with Reimold ready to take over LF.

There are so many better options than signing stopgap 1B men...

Answer my question... what player are you going to ask the O;s for in exchange for your 1B.

Did I say thet??? Answer my question. Who will you ask the O's for in exchange for your young 1B???

I'd ask for Arrieta or Tillman, naturally. When the O's said "No," I'd A) lower my demands or B) tell them to "get bent."

If we've spoken with more than one team, I find it hard to believe every GM has chosen Option B thus far.

So if you were the GM who had Gamel all you would ask for is Tillman? Right?

Like I said, the first player I'd ask for would likely be Guthrie. And for a guy like Gamel the Orioles shouldn't have a problem dealing him.

But it doesn't neccessarily have to be a stud 1B prospect. There are good 1B prospects out there that are blocked like Joe Koshansky or Nick Evans that are available.

Those could possibly be acquired by dealing Luke Scott for example. The Mets could use Scott right now more than they could use Evans...

I'd ask for Arrieta or Tillman, naturally. When the O's said "No," I'd A) lower my demands or B) tell them to "get bent."

If we've spoken with more than one team, I find it hard to believe every GM has chosen Option B thus far.

So if you didn;t have to trade the player you wouldn't accept David Hernandez is trade???

Archived