Friday August 5th, Pirates visit the yard

RVAOsFan

7 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I don't have MLB.tv anymore.  Anyway, I like Ben so I'd keep it here regardless.

The thing is that I actually feel kinda bad about bagging on Garceau.  He seems like a really, nice genuine guy and he's been doing Baltimore sports forever.  It's just that he's painful to listen to.

My feelings too. 

I really enjoyed him on the radio with Jeremy Conn. Great guy. Like his stories.

This combo, to me, is better than what we had in Texas and Cincinnati but not better than Brown and Ben.

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

I'm coming around on Brown, probably because he's not Garceau or Newman.  It's a low bar, but it is what it is.  The pop culture references and trying to be cute still can be annoying but it's not as irksome as it was initially.  I suppose you could say I'm getting used to it.

I actually like Brown a lot, and I think he's going to be a really good play by play announcer

2 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I'm coming around on Brown, probably because he's not Garceau or Newman.  It's a low bar, but it is what it is.  The pop culture references and trying to be cute still can be annoying but it's not as irksome as it was initially.  I suppose you could say I'm getting used to it.

This close to a down vote!

Traitor

😏

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

First few games Brown sounded like Joe Buck to me (read: not ideal) but after that initial snap judgement I was wrong. I'm a fan. Guy is skilled. 

• Upvote 1