For those who thought Tex wanted to be a Yankee...

JTrea81

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

More nonsense. You were one of my favorite posters before I left for awhile, but you have turned completely inside out on the whole Teix saga. You read whatever you want into anything remotely positive, but dismiss any counter-information as obviously a plant or just the FO playing it cool. I understand that your pride is hurt right now because of the way this ended but can you please read your posts over before you post them to see how you're coming off? There's literally one source in this article. and it's "a baseball official." I can only imagine your spin if there had been some unnamed baseball official knocking the Orioles' chances while the hunt was still going: "he doesn't know what he's talking about," "more media anti-Orioles spin," and even "it's clearly AM lying to a nationally syndicated columnist to keep Boras guessing." It's getting to the point where I feel like you're insulting my intelligence.

They lowballed him. Maybe it ticked him off?

They began negotiations with a fair offer of 21.5M per year. They approached Boras to continue talks and he blew them off, saying Mark was not interested in being an Oriole. It seems we would have to have given him 24-25M per year to play here. Good riddance, I say.

They began negotiations with a fair offer of 21.5M per year. They approached Boras to continue talks and he blew them off, saying Mark was not interested in being an Oriole. It seems we would have to have given him 24-25M per year to play here. Good riddance, I say.

I agree 100%

They didnt lowball him they made a fair first offer of 7/140, obviously Boras came to them and said that wasnt good enough, Tex really dosent want to play there.

Their offer was also the lowest first offer of any team out there in lowest total dollars. I wouldn't be surprised if he took it as an insult.

In fact the Ravensgate fiasco in which Tex was at the stadium as a guest of the Orioles could have been an apology to Tex to get him to reconsider.

I just don't believe he always wanted to play for the Yankees more than the Orioles. I still think we were his first choice but we eliminated ourselves with the way we negotiated, due to Andy MacPhail.

I think Angelos stepped in to smooth over things because MacPhail had botched them up and by then it was too late.

But hey that's my thoughts, and I'm sure everybody disagrees. This article just gives me evidence that Tex didn't always want to be a Yankee...

Their offer was also the lowest first offer of any team out there in lowest total dollars. I wouldn't be surprised if he took it as an insult.

In fact the Ravensgate fiasco in which Tex was at the stadium as a guest of the Orioles could have been an apology to Tex to get him to reconsider.

I just don't believe he always wanted to play for the Yankees more than the Orioles. I still think we were his first choice but we eliminated ourselves with the way we negotiated, due to Andy MacPhail.

I think Angelos stepped in to smooth over things because MacPhail had botched them up and by then it was too late.

But hey that's my thoughts, and I'm sure everybody disagrees. This article just gives me evidence that Tex didn't always want to be a Yankee...

At the end of the quote in that article it says Boras called the Yankees and said Tex really wants to be a Yankee... Was he lying? it didnt say he called the Orioles and said he really wanted to be an Oriole.

Listen I am with you I have wanted tex to come here for 2 years, but I just cant put the blame on our front office, we made a fair first offer in my opinion, if I was Tex and I truly wanted to be an Oriole I would have worked it out and been in Baltimore, but thats not the case with Tex.

At the end of the quote in that article it says Boras called the Yankees and said Tex really wants to be a Yankee... Was he lying? it didnt say he called the Orioles and said he really wanted to be an Oriole.

Listen I am with you I have wanted tex to come here for 2 years, but I just cant put the blame on our front office, we made a fair first offer in my opinion, if I was Tex and I truly wanted to be an Oriole I would have worked it out and been in Baltimore, but thats not the case with Tex.

Boras said he really wanted to be a Yankee because he really didn't want to play in Boston IMO nor did he want to play for the Nationals...

The Orioles weren't an option because they weren't willing to pay him.

Their offer was also the lowest first offer of any team out there. I wouldn't be surprised if he took it as an insult.

Players do not expect you to give them a WOW offer on the first day of negotiations. There is no chance that Tex was "offended" by the O's first offer. It was plainly stated that AM was trying to up the offer, which is the way negotiations normally work. I cant believe you actually think he was "offended" by a 20M a year offer, when he signed for the Yankees for 2.5M more per year. Unbelievable.

He also didn't want to play for the Orioles, apparently...as Boras called the Yankees, not the Orioles.

As I said I think the Orioles eliminated themselves by having such a low first offer. Every team offered more $ than they did for an opening bid...

He wasn't dying to play for the Orioles at any cost obviously but that doesn't mean he didn't want to play for the Orioles.

They lowballed him. Maybe it ticked him off?

Boras inferring to Macphail that Teixeira is not interested, and therefore a counter offer is not needed- tells me ONE thing...

That Scott Boras to an extent was trying to protect the image Tex has in his home state. If he knows that Tex does not want to go there- why make him a marked man in his home state (which he would be more so than he is if he turned down a huge offer to play for the Orioles).

The way it stands- it's left open to interpretation- where fans like JTrea (nothing against you)- can make a case for Tex... but IMO- it has become clear he really didn't want to play here. If he had respect for the game and his "hometown" team- he'd know he wasn't being lowballed- but rather that the Baltimore Orioles were trying to be responsible in their rebuilding.

I shall now go back to looking forward to hating the Yankees with more passion this year!

Archived