Happy Monday!! Any promotions today?

Aglets

Probably should have started a thread like this earlier in the season.  But it still seemed like a fun idea.  Especially since we have at least 3 guys or so close to MLB ready.  Not to mention the guys moving between levels.  Anyway, Elias seems to prefer to do these on Mondays when all the affiliates are off.

Think we might get some today?

• Upvote 1

I am hoping for Ortiz from Bowie to Norfolk with the corresponding move of Mayo back to Bowie.  That would require a promotion or release of someone at Norfolk.  Time to close the book on Caydin Grenier?  Or Bannon, or Gutierrez or ......

I'm not expecting Stowers to the O's but it's possible. 

Edited by RZNJ

I'd like to see Povich to Bowie. Looking at his age and experience, it's time for him to be challenged at AA .

I wouldn't mind Ortiz to AAA. AAA pitchers are trypically more experienced with a lot of guys who have been in the show. It would be a good challenge for him over the last two months of the season. Saying that, he could be a trade chip so they may want him to put up good numbers at AA. 

Mayo back to AA makes sense despite the fact he hasn't exactly creamed the ball in his rehab.

8 minutes ago, NCRaven said:

Who the heck is Louis Head (bullpen arm just promoted to Baltimore)?  I obviously missed that pickup.

Looks like we picked him up off of waivers from Miami back in July.  He is a 32 year old RHP with over 440 career innings pitched in the minors.  His numbers aren't great with Miami but he pitched pretty well with Tampa in 2021 (35 innings pitched with a WHIP under 1.0).

Edited by Aglets
  • Upvote 1

Interesting.  Guess the Dodgers officially won the Machado trade now!?!?!

So the O's tried to sneak Bannon through waivers right?  But we didn't know until now?  So we were probably trying to clear a roster spot............for.................. ?

3 minutes ago, Aglets said:

Interesting.  Guess the Dodgers officially won the Machado trade now!?!?!

So the O's tried to sneak Bannon through waivers right?  But we didn't know until now?  So we were probably trying to clear a roster spot............for.................. ?

I'm only surprised that the Dodgers felt he was worth a 40-man spot. Then again, the last time he was good he was hitting well in those hitter paradise places in the Dodgers system.