Happy Monday!! Any promotions today?

Aglets

Just now, Mooreisbetter27 said:

Interesting that Holliday isn't one of the ones being moved.

Very excited to see Povich and Mcdermott moved up.  

I doubt Holliday sees Delmarva this year.  HS draftees typically spend all of their draft season in the complex leagues. 

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, LookinUp said:

Rom pitched out of the bullpen in his last game. Piggy backed two guys just coming back from injury. It didn't go so well, but I wonder if that was done for a purpose instead of having him start.

Rom can't master the changeup. He probably needs to see if he can be converted into a Vespi/Fry kind of left-handed reliever. Maybe even an Akin type.

1 minute ago, 86this said:

I think they'll just let them ride out the rest of the season at AA while they're holding a playoff spot.

Possible and the AAA season does go longer, so they can move them later but the whole playoff thing in the minors doesn’t mean anything and I believe Elias has ignored it in the past.

Besides, their pitching should have just gotten improved.

Edited by Sports Guy

10 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

I guess Ortiz and Cowser have to stay in AA at least another week.

Cowser has still played in a limited number of double A games. They rarely move guys with less then two months of play at a level. Ortiz has been in double A a lot longer, but might be getting hurt by having both Henderson and Westburg at Norfolk. I know they all played at Bowie together, but the organization might be happier with all of them getting more playing time at SS. 

2 minutes ago, seak05 said:

Cowser has still played in a limited number of double A games. They rarely move guys with less then two months of play at a level. Ortiz has been in double A a lot longer, but might be getting hurt by having both Henderson and Westburg at Norfolk. I know they all played at Bowie together, but the organization might be happier with all of them getting more playing time at SS. 

Does Cowser need to dominate for a certain number of games before it’s ok? That seems silly.

He isn’t being challenged.  No reason to leave someone at a level due to some unscientific way of doing things when they aren’t being challenged.  

1 minute ago, Sports Guy said:

Does Cowser need to dominate for a certain number of games before it’s ok? That seems silly.

He isn’t being challenged.  No reason to leave someone at a level due to some unscientific way of doing things when they aren’t being challenged.  

I think it's an issue of sample size. As multiple people have pointed out in the Ortiz thread, you can have a hot month. As you spend longer in a league, they make adjustments to you, are you still able to dominate as they're adjusting to you? Or do you struggle, and have to re-adjust. The Orioles seem to have a process that they go through with prospects at each level, and once a player has hit benchmarks within that process they get promoted. It's a more process based system then results, because the end goal is to produce results at the major league level, not necessarily at a stop along the way 

5 minutes ago, seak05 said:

I think it's an issue of sample size. As multiple people have pointed out in the Ortiz thread, you can have a hot month. As you spend longer in a league, they make adjustments to you, are you still able to dominate as they're adjusting to you? Or do you struggle, and have to re-adjust. The Orioles seem to have a process that they go through with prospects at each level, and once a player has hit benchmarks within that process they get promoted. It's a more process based system then results, because the end goal is to produce results at the major league level, not necessarily at a stop along the way 

200 AB's at a level seem to be a measurement they use quite a bit.