Happy Monday!! Any promotions today?

Aglets

11 hours ago, Frobby said:

Don’t see why.  Aberdeen has been basically a .500 team in the second half, with very little offense.  They could use the help.  

I meant to say the offensively challenged ballpark, not the team.  But yes, every little bit of help goes a long way.

• 7 months later...

We all know Holliday got promoted to Aberdeen.   It looks like his replacement at Delmarva is Angel Tejada a 19 yo infielder who hit pretty well at FCL last year.    Anthony Servideo gets promoted all the way up to Bowie which is good and bad.   It gives him a chance to do something an actually stick up there.   The bad part is that the Orioles never jump a guy two levels like this unless they consider him an organization type at this point.   He hadn't done a whole lot at Delmrava after missing a ton of time the last two years due to injury.     Gilbert Lara goes from starting SS at Bowie to reserve IF at Norfolk.    Still no sign of Conner Burns at Bowie who is still listed on the 7-day DL.

• Upvote 3

29 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

We all know Holliday got promoted to Aberdeen.   It looks like his replacement at Delmarva is Angel Tejada a 19 yo infielder who hit pretty well at FCL last year.    Anthony Servideo gets promoted all the way up to Bowie which is good and bad.   It gives him a chance to do something an actually stick up there.   The bad part is that the Orioles never jump a guy two levels like this unless they consider him an organization type at this point.   He hadn't done a whole lot at Delmrava after missing a ton of time the last two years due to injury.     Gilbert Lara goes from starting SS at Bowie to reserve IF at Norfolk.    Still no sign of Conner Burns at Bowie who is still listed on the 7-day DL.

Yeah the Servideo "promotion" is pretty curious. Definitely feels like "alright, you're healthy finally and you're 24, time to sink or swim at the age-appropriate level". 

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, interloper said:

Yeah the Servideo "promotion" is pretty curious. Definitely feels like "alright, you're healthy finally and you're 24, time to sink or swim at the age-appropriate level". 

Yep, they've done this with a few of the older guys. The good news for him is without Burns, there is playing time available at SS at Bowie. I think Preto may get more looks there.

Yeah I think Holliday was pretty much the only guy for which a quick promotion would have been expected.

I agree with Mooreisbetter, I could see them making a move with Willems if he has another crazy hot 2 weeks, and maybe with Kjerstad if he really starts killing it again, but other than that I think this thread will be pretty quiet until mid-June or so.

1 hour ago, glenn__davis said:

Yeah I think Holliday was pretty much the only guy for which a quick promotion would have been expected.

I agree with Mooreisbetter, I could see them making a move with Willems if he has another crazy hot 2 weeks, and maybe with Kjerstad if he really starts killing it again, but other than that I think this thread will be pretty quiet until mid-June or so.

Agreed about Kjerstad. He's got to go on the 40-man this winter so I think they will push him up if he's having success.

I'm thinking Kjerstad could be moved up in the next few weeks. They probably would like to see him get 400 PAs there this year if possible and see if he's an option for next year. At least that's what I would do. The only reason to keep him in Bowie longer is to give him priority play at 1B to get him a longer look there defensively.

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

I'm thinking Kjerstad could be moved up in the next few weeks. They probably would like to see him get 400 PAs there this year if possible and see if he's an option for next year. At least that's what I would do. The only reason to keep him in Bowie longer is to give him priority play at 1B to get him a longer look there defensively.

Seems like they should be able to give him as many reps at 1B at Norfolk as they'd want. Not like we have any premium prospects playing the position on that team.