Tuesday, August 9 -- Orioles vs Blue Jays

SteveA

16 minutes ago, Gurgi said:

I left the famous Hoiles grandslam game in 1996.  Had to listen to the comeback in the car on the way home.  Felt so stupid.

I left this one early.  Rain delay in the 7th or 8th.  Not my choice.  My friend's older sister drove and didn't want to wait out the delay.  We heard Crowley's walkoff grand slam on the car radio just as we pulled up at their house in Ellicott City.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/BAL/BAL198208080.shtml

Turns out it was 40 years ago yesterday.

1 minute ago, Dipper9 said:

OMG, if I live to be 100, on my birthday I'm gonna get a card at the Old Age home that says, "I can't believe you left!"  lol  

Well now Frobby joined you though this game was still not as Epic as the Boston meltdown game. Be able to walk out of the stadium after knowing Tampa knocked them out of the playoffs, while yelling "Let's go Orioles!" after being bombarded all night with "Let's go Red Sox" was one of the highlights of my orioles fandom.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Tony-OH said:

Well now Frobby joined you though this game was still not as Epic as the Boston meltdown game. Be able to walk out of the stadium after knowing Tampa knocked them out of the playoffs, while yelling "Let's go Orioles!" after being bombarded all night with "Let's go Red Sox" was one of the highlights of my orioles fandom.

I still blame my wife who texted us that the rain was supposed to last all night.

• Haha 1