Have the Orioles ever resumed the use of paper tickets?

WillyM

Orioles respond to my email

Hi Jay,

Thanks for reaching out. If you don't have a smart phone to bring up your tickets on, we recommend purchasing the tickets online at https://www.mlb.com/orioles/tickets/single-game-tickets and bringing a printed out copy of your confirmation email to the box office.
If you prefer not purchasing the tickets online, you can always purchase tickets at the box office.
Our box office is only open on home game days and will open up 90 minutes prior to the game.

Hope this information was helpful.

Sincerely,

i walked up to a game at the White Sox stadium a month or so ago when I was in Chicago on business.  The guy at the window sent me a link via text for the ticket.  But, printing a paper ticket was an option - I just didn't need it.  I would imagine the O's and most teams do it the same way, and that email response basically confirms it.  Seems like a non-issue to me.

Just one data point, I thought it was all paperless but when I went to the game Saturday the family in front of me in the line at the gate had paper tickets.

So they do exist, I have no idea what gyrations that family might have had to go through to get paper tickets.

9 hours ago, O-Arm36 said:

I walked up on Monday and got a $10 ticket and they printed it just like it used to be. In 2021 they would text me the ticket but now the paper stubs are back.

I walked up the the ticket window an hour before a Sunday day-game vs the Angels last month and they issued a paper ticket as well. I did not request or ask for one. The cheapest ticket that day was $17. 

3 hours ago, terpfan101 said:

How are season tickets or mini season packages handled? I loved getting my book of bound tickets when I got 13 game packages from 2013-2018 and loved it as a kid when my dad got full season packages and I’d help him divvy it up for his 10 other plan co holders. 

The tickets are in the MLB Ballpark app. I’m sure they would find some way to accommodate potential purchasers that don’t have a smartphone, but the bound ticket books are not even an option anymore.

Additionally, I haven’t had the best experience with my rep. He doesn’t respond to emails sometimes and I’ll have to call to get someone else to assist with various things, including renewing my 29 game plan. I’ve asked for a new rep, but they won’t do anything about it. So for those that have had good experiences with reps, I am glad, but it has not been my experience with my current rep (he’s my third in the last 8 years, as the first two moved on).

Edited by Sydnor
  • Upvote 1