Here's what MacPhail can do...

JTrea81

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So far, just Trax.

But the pitching he is looking at qualifies as that and you could argue that Izturis was pissing money away, even if he lives up to his contract(which I expect to do).

I don't think Itzturis is pissing away money at all. He is what he is, a good defensive SS who is much better offensively than what we had. Trax wasn't a terrible signing at the time. I mean, he was terrible, don't get me wrong, but it wasn't very much money.

As for the pitchers, would you rather see them just go with the kids? I think I am getting very close to just wanting it to be Guthrie, Olson, Liz, Penn, Albers and the rest of the kids.

The only player that I can think of that went against Scott Boras was Rocco Baldelli when Baldelli fired him. He went against Boras advise and signed an extension with the Tampa in November 2005. Baldelli negotiated the contract himself that had club options past the 6 year free agency years.

Carlos Pena extended with the Rays as did Kazmir...

If MacPhail truly wants to follow the Rays model, he'd better extend Wieters...

Then you will have no chance of extending him once he puts up Piazza like #'s...

This is ridiculous. You have an equal amount of chance to extend him now that you do in a year and in two years. If he puts up the numbers we are predicting, well, those numbers have already been predicted and will be factored in.

You know looking at JTrea's post it has come to my attention. MacPhail has alot of work to do! To quote a movie "To look at it whole with one glance will burn you to cinders!"(paraphrase)

Rep to the first person who figures out what movie I'm talking about!

...Excalibur

I don't think Itzturis is pissing away money at all. He is what he is, a good defensive SS who is much better offensively than what we had. Trax wasn't a terrible signing at the time. I mean, he was terrible, don't get me wrong, but it wasn't very much money.

As for the pitchers, would you rather see them just go with the kids? I think I am getting very close to just wanting it to be Guthrie, Olson, Liz, Penn, Albers and the rest of the kids.

Whats the difference between Bass and Waters and Redding and Hendrickson?

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't put any of them in the rotation but seriously, where do the differences lie?

Any talk of giving any of those guys money is terrible and pathetic..The idea that AM is even wasting his time negotiating with them is disgusting.

Then you will have no chance of extending him once he puts up Piazza like #'s...

Again, name for me a Boras client who has let his client extend through any of his FA years.

AM isn't going to extend Wieters that early...its not his m.o.

I don't agree with it but its not happening.

So, unless Wieters fires Boras, this ain't happening.

So, here is what we need to do...Keep him down in the minors as long as it takes to add at least one extra year ot service time..Then, at that moment, you bring him up because once his 6 years of service time is up, if he is still an Oriole, he is gone.

It sucks but it is what it is...That is the problem with a Boras client.

BTW, Wieters is going to follow Boras just like Tex does..you can bank on that.

Again, name for me a Boras client who has let his client extend through any of his FA years.

AM isn't going to extend Wieters that early...its not his m.o.

I don't agree with it but its not happening.

So, unless Wieters fires Boras, this ain't happening.

So, here is what we need to do...Keep him down in the minors as long as it takes to add at least one extra year ot service time..Then, at that moment, you bring him up because once his 6 years of service time is up, if he is still an Oriole, he is gone.

It sucks but it is what it is...That is the problem with a Boras client.

BTW, Wieters is going to follow Boras just like Tex does..you can bank on that.

So you don't think there's any chance Wieters remains an Oriole after his service time expires?

BTW, your post before this one was spot on. It's hard to disagree with anything you said there.

Archived