Here's what MacPhail can do...

JTrea81

So you don't think there's any chance Wieters remains an Oriole after his service time expires?

BTW, your post before this one was spot on. It's hard to disagree with anything you said there.

Not necessarily. We are just going to have to pay top dollar and out-bid everyone else to retain him.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If any competent GM can do it, how about you show us when it was done in history?

Florida Marlins offseason 2005-2006. The got Hanley Ramirez, Dan Uggla and Mike Jacobs as well as others.

I'm giving MacPhail an entire season and 1 and a half offseasons to do that...

So you don't think there's any chance Wieters remains an Oriole after his service time expires?

BTW, your post before this one was spot on. It's hard to disagree with anything you said there.

Well, we will have a chance to retain him but its not likely.

To be honest, I don't think I would even want him much past his arbitration years...He will almost be 30 and get a monster contract if he ends up as good as he could be.

Best case scenario would be to sign Matt to a contract where we eat up his first 2 FA years and have an option for the third...But that just isn't happening unless he fires Boras.

Florida Marlins offseason 2005-2006. The got Hanley Ramirez, Dan Uggla and Mike Jacobs as well as others.

Well let me spoil that ending for ya so your panties aren't as much in a brunch as they are right now... it aint happening.

Well let me spoil that ending for ya so your panties aren't as much in a brunch as they are right now... it aint happening.

Then MacPhail isn't competent enough to be GM of this team. It shouldn't take 3-4 years to acquire all those pieces...

He did next to nothing last season after the Bedard deal, so he's got some ground to make up. Orioles fans aren't going to accept inaction this time...

Then MacPhail isn't competent enough to be GM of this team. It shouldn't take 3-4 years to acquire all those pieces...

It does give one pause that we have only one infielder (i.e., Wieters) signed after 2009, and he hasn't even played at the major league level yet.

He did next to nothing last season after the Bedard deal, so he's got some ground to make up. Orioles fans aren't going to accept inaction this time...

You still haven't addressed my point that he can't do ALL that, while retaining the young core of our future starting rotation.

The Marlins gave up Josh Beckett and Carlos Delgado, among others, to acquire Ramirez/Jacobs.

Who in our system comes close to being that valuable AND by trading them wont jeopardize our future contention?

Archived