Here's what MacPhail can do...

JTrea81

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It certainly would be worth it for AM to float Guthrie's name out there (rather than actively trying to trade him) and see the kind of offers that might come in. There's never been any solid evidence of trades brewing, but we've seen names like Greinke and Cain mentioned even though their teams deny it. Also using Guthrie in a package might help dispose of a bad contract (Huff, Mora, etc.).

Why is Huff a bad contract. I think it is around 8m. He is up afer this off season. Check his numbers, some might consider it very reasonable.

I think that would be a good deal.

No way Texas trades Davis. They'd laugh us out of the league if we asked for all of that for Guthrie. Not to slight Jeremy or anything, but remember, he is our number one starter. He's a great pitcher, but he wouldn't even be the ace of most clubs IMO.

No way Texas trades Davis. They'd laugh us out of the league if we asked for all of that for Guthrie. Not to slight Jeremy or anything, but remember, he is our number one starter. He's a great pitcher, but he wouldn't even be the ace of most clubs IMO.

Agree that Guthrie is currently a #2 that has a chance to become a #1. I don't think Texas would trade Davis either but it would take all three from Texas to get Guthrie IMO.

The O's have to be open to trading anyone. However that does not mean they have to be traded cheaply.

The O's are not going to improve if they don't build a pitching staff. Gamel is attractive but Guthrie is worth more to the O's.

The problem with Guthrie is his age. He got a late start in pro ball due to taking off for 2 years. He will be 33 years his last year before free agency. He would be getting up in age where it would not benefit to extend so the team would look to deal him anyway.

So, if some team is willing to spend a fortune for him in a trade. You'd do it.

Archived