O's Fans Held Hostage - Day 18

bigbird

The O's have resources and cash to spend to just be content with what your saying.

When you offer a 7-140mill offer to someone and its still in your hands, than you have toshow the fanbase that you can spend that kind of cash elsewhere. Maybe not in that amount but the fans now know the O's have money. So no more excuses.

Your solution above is nothing more than excuses.

So the Orioles offered a 7/140 contract, that shows they have $20M to work with in 2009. Who out there is worth spending that money on that will be a long term asset AND want to sign with the Orioles.

While the players I listed arent the best and are easily upgradeable, it isnt as if we are in dire straits.

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I continue to be amazed at how much leeway AM is given by many of you.

We have done next to nothing this offseason and our reported FA targets are terrible yet AM continues to get a pass.

Luckily he does have 7 or so weeks to go before ST but it APPEARS that we are going to go with a vet stop gap at first, 2 vet stop gap starters and that's about it...Horrible planning on the part of AM.

Let's hope he can at least extend Markakis.

We have done next to nothing this offseason and our reported FA targets are terrible yet AM continues to get a pass.

Luckily he does have 7 or so weeks to go before ST but it APPEARS that we are going to go with a vet stop gap at first, 2 vet stop gap starters and that's about it...Horrible planning on the part of AM.

...and trade Roberts.

Though, I'm beginning to have a feeling we may wind up getting draft picks for him.

I don't see anyone giving AM leeway in this thread. What I see is people wetting their pants because we haven't done anything for 18 days. This whole thread is completely ridiculous and pretty embarrassing.

What difference does it make if we extend Markakis on Dec. 28th vs. January 28th, for instance?

When you look at the number of free agents still on the board, it seems prices should come down.....Also, I'm not sure that the reported FA targets are the only targets that AM is looking at. I'm willing to stand by while AM takes his time. It seemed to work in the Bedard situation last year.....

As you say, there are 7-ish weeks before ST begins, so I'm content to wait until the Thursday before spring training.....heck, I seem to recall a couple of FAs that weren't signed until ST had already begun last year.

I agree, I'd like to extend Markakis as well.

I don't see anyone giving AM leeway in this thread. What I see is people wetting their pants because we haven't done anything for 18 days. This whole thread is completely ridiculous and pretty embarrassing.

What difference does it make if we extend Markakis on Dec. 28th vs. January 28th, for instance?

Ding, Ding, Ding ... I'll be plenty pissed if Sean Casey is signed. I won't have any problem with signing two innings-eaters at the right price. I don't think getting pissed on December 28 is smart. I would get pissed on February 10 if nothing has happened.

"Giving leeway" = not #$%^@ing and moaning literally every minute until the next move.

And, yeah, it's a little embarrassing.

So the Orioles offered a 7/140 contract, that shows they have $20M to work with in 2009. Who out there is worth spending that money on that will be a long term asset AND want to sign with the Orioles.

While the players I listed arent the best and are easily upgradeable, it isnt as if we are in dire straits.

We need to find a 3/5 of a starting IF before 2010 because we don't have anybody in the system that can fill those positions...

That's a lot to accomplish and MacPhail needs as much time as possible, but that is one thing that he doesn't have a lot of.

And the less the Orioles do, that's more tickets that they don't sell...

Obviously, the real point has gone over your head.

Bigbird has been very consistent about his issue with AM...He hasn't done enough since the Bedard trade...He hasn't improved our depth and talent in almost 11 months.

That is a problem.

People just want to overlook it and give AM every excuse in the book but the reality is we are looking at a minimum of 3 years(barring a miracle) before we can even remotely have a chance at contention...I don't know about you guys but I would like to watch some meaningful baseball in September.

Bigbird has been very consistent about his issue with AM...He hasn't done enough since the Bedard trade...He hasn't improved our depth and talent in almost 11 months.

That is a problem.

People just want to overlook it and give AM every excuse in the book but the reality is we are looking at a minimum of 3 years(barring a miracle) before we can even remotely have a chance at contention...I don't know about you guys but I would like to watch some meaningful baseball in September.

Bigbird has been very consistent in hating AM from the start. You on the other hand just think you can do a better job. After many years on this board, I am beginning to think you could.;)

That is a problem.

Really? Again? These. Points. Do. Not. Go. Over. Our. Heads.

Rinse. Repeat.

Please stop saying that. There's nothing that crawls out of your keyboard, or any other (except maybe for Baltimoron's) that goes over any of our heads. Nothing.

That is a problem.

Dude, I understand the real point. I'm not an idiot, i'm right there with anyone else who thinks AM has some work to do, if you'd read my posts you'd know I've been consistent about that as well.

But to start a thread saying we're held hostage because we haven't done anything for 18 days is pathetic, period.

Bigbird has been very consistent in hating AM from the start. You on the other hand just think you can do a better job. After many years on this board, I am beginning to think you could.;)

Bigbird doesn't hate AM..He just expects him to improve the team.

I don't see how that is a problem...Everyone should expect that.

For years I have seen the same people on this site praise our GMs when they were here...People would compare them to the previous regime and praise them for improving things and not make mistakes.

For years the same people have talked about how we are getting closer yet at the end of every year, our window to contend is pushed back another year or 2.

Its the same thing every year and every year it is the same people saying everything is fine and to be patient and that Rome wasn't built in a day. But every year we see the same results.

Archived