Thu Aug 11: Orioles make pit stop in Boston on the way to Tampa with a chance to pass Rays in wild card race

SteveA

Just now, eddie83 said:

Story of game to me is why Hyde felt the need to play matchup vs a guy the Padres couldn’t wait to get off their team for 3 years with Vespi who has poor splits. 

Our inability to punish meatball pitches with men on base really killed us more than 1 run did. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, eddie83 said:

Rather lose tonight and win 2/3 in Tampa than the reverse. 

Agreed, but Red Sox fans are the worst. It's unlikely the Orioles weren't going to make it through this week without a loss.

It feels good to care about baseball again in August. Ravens had a preseason game tonight and normally I would watch that. I didn't watch one second of the game. 

1 minute ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Agreed, but Red Sox fans are the worst. It's unlikely the Orioles weren't going to make it through this week without a loss.

It feels good to care about baseball again in August. Ravens had a preseason game tonight and normally I would watch that. I didn't watch one second of the game. 

I'm a Jaguars fan. I'm from Jacksonville

12 hours ago, spiritof66 said:

With Mancini on the team, we sometimes had a decent pinch-hitter on the bench.

With Phillips on the team, we have an additional pinch-runner on the bench.

A what a runner he is! I've seen actual video of him literally unfolding his wings to fly around the base paths--during the World Series!

Edited by LA2