Roch (MASN): DL Hall is joining Orioles tonight

eddie83

2 minutes ago, Gurgi said:

Now he can show off his high k numbers here in the majors.  Can he keep the walks under control?  Time will tell.

At least he's got the hard part down. If the high K numbers convert to the majors I think we'll see the walks eventually go down too. Apparently the best way to limit walks isn't necessarily honing command (though that's part of it...), but getting hitters to chase the stuff outside the zone.

https://twitter.com/Tieran711/status/1555641496128221184?s=20&t=5sH4GPeBT_NbYoHuqHFJGA

Edited by nc_stats_nerd

2 minutes ago, terpfan101 said:

But how does this affect his service time? 🙈

Hide And Seek Reaction GIF by CrazedCake

Lol I love how people keep worrying about service time. Service time is only affected if any player is kept down until late April. It would be shocking if that happened for any of Hall/Henderson/Stowers/GrayRod. I could see Westburg staying down if there's not room in the IF to start the year.

The next benefit to keeping players down is to preserve their rookie status in hopes of ROY honors in 2023 to net a pick in 2024. We're about 2-2.5 weeks from that.