Roch (MASN): DL Hall is joining Orioles tonight

eddie83

2 minutes ago, brvn52 said:

Lol I love how people keep worrying about service time. Service time is only affected if any player is kept down until late April. It would be shocking if that happened for any of Hall/Henderson/Stowers/GrayRod. I could see Westburg staying down if there's not room in the IF to start the year.

The next benefit to keeping players down is to preserve their rookie status in hopes of ROY honors in 2023 to net a pick in 2024. We're about 2-2.5 weeks from that. 

You'd be shocked if Elias plays service time games with Henderson? Why would that shock you? I won't even be shocked if he does that with GrayRod.

2 minutes ago, deward said:

You'd be shocked if Elias plays service time games with Henderson? Why would that shock you? I won't even be shocked if he does that with GrayRod.

Who has he played service time games with? His process has been at times excruciatingly slow in promoting prospects to the top level, but he seems to follow his process.  

And, yeah, I'd be shocked if he holds Henderson down until ~May. And he's pretty much said GrayRod will be on the opening day roster.

Just now, Fiver6565 said:

why would they add him today, to start tomorrow?  Or have they not officially done so maybe?  Might as well keep a BP piece for tonight's game.

May not be called up tonight. He just reported he was heading down there. Makes no sense to call him up today unless an injury. Even then makes no sense. Bring another arm up for a day. 

2 minutes ago, deward said:

I think Elias has to decide with Henderson if he wants the draft pick, or the potential extra year. Keep in mind with Adley this year, at least partially due to injury, he didn't make the OD roster so no pick...but there's a decent chance he's top 2 in AL rookie of the year voting, so the O's also won't get the extra year or service time. 

I think outside of a Henderson or Adley level prospect though, people around here spend to much time assuming "service time" is the main reason behind promotion/lack of promotion decisions. 

• Tony-OH changed the title to Roch (MASN): DL Hall is joining Orioles tonight
34 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Makes sense out of the bullpen or as a piggyback with Voth.   Can pull him quickly if he's "out of control".

This is where I think he'll start his career. They could start him instead of Voth and use Voth as the piggyback, but I think they'll ease him in.