2023 Rotation

Bahama O's Fan

Just now, Mavericksouth said:

Respectfully, not exactly sure what your point is here. Sandy won more than 8 games as well this season. You say we lost 90+ games this season...I know that already. I've suffered through it. I'm not debating that our team is crap. Again, I already know that. I'm saying to give up the only thing of significant value on the team and one of the best pitchers in baseball and this year's NL Cy Young winner is going to cost quite a bit. Sandy by himself is the difference between staying at home for the playoffs and popping champagne in October. But that doesn't come for free. You gotta pay to play. If you all are serious about Sandy, it's going to cost a lot.

You sound like a salesman.   

3 minutes ago, Il BuonO said:

He is and he would be one of the guys I target. 

Who cares if the Dodgers have more to sign Lyles? They can afford it for a fourth or fifth guy in the rotation, the Orioles need to spend on an ace or someone close to that pedigree.

I was referring to Kershaw and the Dodgers.

Rodon is an interesting target.  I'll be curios to watch his market.

7 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Take it easy bub. I proposed it. Not all Oriole fans.  I said your offer was fair.  Are all Marlin fans as arrogant as you?

Why the name calling? I think I've been respectful to everyone here. No one is being arrogant.  Just being realistic. Sandy is one of the best pitchers in baseball and we're not going to give him up for peanuts is all which is why I said he was untouchable. Not sure what I have said to given offense other than the Marlins shouldn't be taken advantage of on any deal for our best player. Sandy, like any player can be had, for the right price. Not sure what is arrogant about this.

3 minutes ago, Pickles said:

I was referring to Kershaw and the Dodgers.

Rodon is an interesting target.  I'll be curios to watch his market.

Eh, ok….but why Kershaw? He’s usually not available for an entire season because of his back. And don’t get me wrong, I love the guy, but if I’m making decisions on a TOR starter he’s not even on my list, too risky.

Just now, Il BuonO said:

Eh, ok….but why Kershaw? He’s usually not available for an entire season because of his back. And don’t get me wrong, I love the guy, but if I’m making decisions on a TOR starter he’s not even on my list, too risky.

Somebody else brought him up.  I just responded.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Mavericksouth said:

You got it. No player is truly untouchable. Anyone can be had for the right price. I gave Orioles fans the price.  If you all are truly serious, that's about what it will cost for Sandy.  If anything, Orioles don't fully grasp how dominant he is. He is reliable, eats a ton of innings, an unhitable sinker, he is the only bright light of an abysmal and poorly run franchise. It will cost more than what Orioles fans are prepared to part with, which is why I say he is untouchable. The four guys proposed don't equal one Sandy Alcantara.  Which is why Orioles fans proposed it, lol.

Yea, this makes sense.  No argument from me.

1 hour ago, Mavericksouth said:

Nope.

Let's be realistic.  Here's what the Dodgers got for 2 years of Turner and one year of Scherzer.

C Keibert Ruiz (Dodgers' No. 1 prospect per MLB Pipeline); RHP Josiah Gray (No. 2); RHP Gerardo Carrillo (No. 17); OF Donovan Casey (unranked)

No way you'd get more than top 2 prospects, even for Alcantra.  Talking about a throw in of Mullins and Mayo seems way over the top

Also, I understand the control and financial cost is different, but you also have to understand that the quality and pedigree of players is also different.

1 hour ago, Sports Guy said:

Is it realistic to expect 3 top 100 prospects and a 3+ WAR CFer with multiple years of service time left for Alcantara?

I am not sure.  Maybe.  But I think you would be hard pressed to get that deal if you were looking to move him.

Look at what the Reds got for Castillo from the Mariners.  Not sure it is unrealistic. 

1 minute ago, MarCakes21 said:

Let's be realistic.  Here's what the Dodgers got for 2 years of Turner and one year of Scherzer.

C Keibert Ruiz (Dodgers' No. 1 prospect per MLB Pipeline); RHP Josiah Gray (No. 2); RHP Gerardo Carrillo (No. 17); OF Donovan Casey (unranked)

No way you'd get more than top 2 prospects, even for Alcantra.  Talking about a throw in of Mullins and Mayo seems way over the top

Also, I understand the control and financial cost is different, but you also have to understand that the quality and pedigree of players is also different.

In reality, start with something like Cowser+Hall, and look at add ons from there.  Maybe Mayo+Kjerstad would be an option, but I wouldn't say more than that.

29 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

Now that Ohtani cost certainty at 1/30 has been set, Baseball Trade Values guesses his 2023 surplus down to about $50mm (understanding even 8-10 win players never get $80mm in real life).

Alcantara with all the years he is basically Top 10 MLB-wide like Adley where the Club is forecast with Median Surplus Value in nine figures, so you maybe can't get to Alcantara shy of four of our best guys if Gunnar excluded.

Early in the offseason one of the first big dominos for me is what "wishes" will Ohtani signal to the Angels, and then if he wants out has Elias brought the BAL brand far enough it is somewhere Shohei would like for 2023.    I believe some of why LAA won originally is he was curious to play with Trout, and now he's been there, done that.    Is Adley's pitcher friendliness a once-in-a-lifetime novelty?

I think Ohtani is a pipe dream for the O's.  He has already said he wants a yearly record AAV and I assume at least a 10 year contract.  After all the problems the O's had paying a $162 million contract I doubt they sign a $400 million player.