Tuesday, August 16: Orioles try to continue their winning ways vs Blue Jays

SteveA

3 minutes ago, Hallas said:

I think if you factor leverage of getting out of the inning by getting Mateo out, versus getting a runner at first with 2 outs, the challenge on Mateo's pickoff attempt still makes more sense.  Reasonable minds can disagree here though.

Fair enough. I was surprised they wasted it so early in the game and with 2 out they should have gotten out of that inning without it. I thought the play wasn't really challengeable but it's hard to say since MASN didn't actually show it (thanks MASN!).

3 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

Hopefully this is the real new and improved him.

Or even just the regular him adapting to the Show.     Because he was a Yankees prospect, and a hot SB potential source for roto players, and then went through all his options, it feels like he has been around a long time but he is still just at 600 big league PA, plenty few to just be figuring things out.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, RVAOsFan said:

What a start from Kremer tonight! Man he looked safe that terrible challenge early really came back to bite them. 

I guess it's not like when Gibbons managed the Blue Jays and they got an infinite number of challenges per game.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, waroriole said:

I don’t know what that means. 

McKenna (also Mckenna, MacKenna, Mackenna, and Makenna) is the anglicized form of the Gaelic Irish surname "Mac Cionaoith", also spelt Mac Cionaodha or Mac Cionnaith, meaning "son of Cionnaith", or of the Scottish surname, from Galloway, "MacCionaodha".[1]

The historical lineage of the McKennas lies in Truagh, County Monaghan, Ulster, Ireland, where they were "The Lords Of Truagh" and the McKenna coat of arms can be seen on many of the graves from members of the family.[citation needed]

In North Kerry, McKenna is considered to come from Mac Ginea.[citation needed] The Cionnath, Cionaoith, Cionaddha forms are considered there to be sources of names like Kenny, Kenney, and Kennedy.

A similar Irish surname Ó Cionaodha, also spelt as Ó Cionnaith.

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

Or even just the regular him adapting to the Show.     Because he was a Yankees prospect, and a hot SB potential source for roto players, and then went through all his options, it feels like he has been around a long time but he is still just at 600 big league PA, plenty few to just be figuring things out.

Agreed …he’s a keeper

Just now, spiritof66 said:

McKenna (also Mckenna, MacKenna, Mackenna, and Makenna) is the anglicized form of the Gaelic Irish surname "Mac Cionaoith", also spelt Mac Cionaodha or Mac Cionnaith, meaning "son of Cionnaith", or of the Scottish surname, from Galloway, "MacCionaodha".[1]

The historical lineage of the McKennas lies in Truagh, County Monaghan, Ulster, Ireland, where they were "The Lords Of Truagh" and the McKenna coat of arms can be seen on many of the graves from members of the family.[citation needed]

In North Kerry, McKenna is considered to come from Mac Ginea.[citation needed] The Cionnath, Cionaoith, Cionaddha forms are considered there to be sources of names like Kenny, Kenney, and Kennedy.

A similar Irish surname Ó Cionaodha, also spelt as Ó Cionnaith.

Ó Cionnaith had a solid slide to stop the Jays from turning that double play. 

Just now, spiritof66 said:

I would bring Tate back in the ninth -- he's at the top of his game -- but it won't happen.

I wouldn’t. He had a great seventh inning against the Jays at home on 8/8, but then got touched up in the eighth. I don’t fully trust him in longer outings, even when looks great for three outs.