WaPo’s Chelsea Janes: Trey Mancini Will Always be Proud of the Orioles

Frobby

Meant to post this link last week:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2022/08/16/trey-mancini-baltimore-orioles-trade-astros/

“Mike [Elias] and Sig [Mejdal], what they’ve done in a few years, especially what they inherited going into 2019, it was not the most ideal roster and the minor league system was not great. They turned them both around in three years, which was not easy to do,” Mancini said. “I thought it might have taken another year or two to see tangible results. But I’m really proud of the guys there, what we built there this year — even though I’m not there anymore, at a distance, I’m always proud of them.”

Several other good quotes from Trey.  

Edited by Frobby
  • Upvote 1

• Frobby changed the title to WaPo’s Chelsea Janes: Trey Mancini Will Always be Proud of the Orioles

The problem with Mancini is he did not really have a role on the Orioles now.   Mancini is not good in the outfield so he only really could play 1st or DH.   With Mountcastle doing 1st and Adley needing to do a lot of DH.  It limited the use of Mancini.   

Too bad....he seems a nice guy.

1 hour ago, Gurgi said:

The problem with Mancini is he did not really have a role on the Orioles now.   Mancini is not good in the outfield so he only really could play 1st or DH.   With Mountcastle doing 1st and Adley needing to do a lot of DH.  It limited the use of Mancini.   

Too bad....he seems a nice guy.

Love Trey.   Hit a homer tonight Trey.   Get it out of your system before the O's get there.