Saturday, August 27: Orioles go for their 6th straight win at Minute Maid Park

SteveA

3 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Seems like the O's are just a team of destiny.  No way they should be able to go head to head with the Astros.  The talent gap is too big.  Maybe this is our year.

What's amazing to me is that the O's swept the Astros in Houston last year. Prior to that MMP had been the house of horrors basically since the Astros had gotten good circa 2015.

So maybe this incarnation just likes playing there.

The Astros are so good at home and so far this has been a pleasant surprise. 

6 minutes ago, survivedc said:

Nice to know Palmer thinks the in game betting is as ridiculous as the rest of us think.

Palmer's Pete Rose comment cracked me up...except that of course Rose managed to place bets while managing even back in his day

2 minutes ago, seak05 said:

Palmer's Pete Rose comment cracked me up...except that of course Rose managed to place bets while managing even back in his day

Sports writer Rick O'Reilly tells a story of writing an article on Pete Rose in the 1980s and thinking Rose was a big sports fan because he wanted to find out the scores of NBA games.  Obviously Rose was checking to see if his bets won that day.