O's Fans Held Hostage - Day 19

bigbird

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That would be tantamount to Angelos waiving the white flag and with his ego, I don't see that happening. He is majority owner (51%) and his partners could try to force him out, but I don't see that as a likely scenario either. IMO, the idea is to strip the franchise almost to the bare bones and rebuild. Shedding payroll is part of that strategy.

Yeah, PA doesn't wanna go out like this...

I think you can almost guarantee Montanez is in AAA because we got Freel.

So, unless they plan on using Freel as the everyday second baseman if we trade BRob, we will not need a 4th OFer.

Reimold is destined for AAA because of the way the Orioles seem to view him.

Only way that changes is if he is incredible in ST or they trade Huff or Scott.

You are probably right but that's not the way I would do it.

LF/DH to Reimold unless he has a poor ST... Scott LF/DH and Huff to 1B... Freel to super utility...

OR in a dream scenario

Dunn to 1st... Huff to 3rd... Scott to DH/LF... Reimold to LF/DH...Mora to super utility and Freel to 2nd if BRob is traded or to the bench if he isn't...

Either way, I'd love to see Montanez make the team. What more does he have to prove in AAA?

My understanding it will be worse. See how one of the sons has screwed up the spring training relocation don't you..

I don't know if things have changed since I left but when i was with the Orioles, John Angelos was looked at as a guy on the business side...He has zero baseball knowledge...He was the guy above all the ticket stuff and things of that nature.

Here is hoping if he takes over that he isn't someone who thinks he should be making baseball moves because the guy has no idea what he is doing.

How long ago was that? Things can change?

Haven't been there for 5 years...As I said, things may have changed...Just talking about how things were when I was there.

Either way, if he takes over and believes he should have some imput on baseball moves, then we are going to become the Cubs.

I was kinda afraid that assumption might've been made.

We're not getting new ownership, just a possible change in the current ownership group.

The Angelos family isn't going anywhere.

Hence the statement about Angelos not being able to get any value out of the club. This would remedy that issue.

Like father like son?

I hope Big Pete isn't looked at anymore highly as a baseball man than his son is if your description is accurate, which I don't doubt.

The problem is Pete thought he WAS a baseball guy.

John has no desire for the baseball side of things. So that could lead to interesting developments.

What's worse, the devil you know or the devil you don't?

Ugh, why couldn't this have happened before Tex was available. I have no doubt Biscotti/Ripken/Geppi would have gone all in for him...

Still Angelos selling and having him and MacPhail leave would be a blessing to this club and its fanbase. It'd be nice to see somebody that cares more about winning than $$$...

I'd gladly suffer thru an 0-162 season if we could get new ownership.

Every time I read that we're not even talking to Dunn, I want to crush my computer into a million bits. Argh!

And why can't we go ahead and make our paltry offer to Roberts so that he can reject it, and we can go around methodically evaluating different offers? Why wait weeks?

Archived