Dook

Pedro Cerrano

Yea...Either team could have swept the series last year....Was very surprised there was no rubber match.

If Duke keeps winning, maybe your son will become a Duke fan. :D

I've always said that I will give my kids the freedom to do whatever they choose. My parents werent the type to force things on me as a kid, allowing me to choose my own path in life, which I did. Now I'm happily married with two beautiful children, a modest home, a nice job, nice friends...etc.

Ok, enough of that BS, if he ever roots for Dook, he can look for a new dad. :)

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I realize I'm way late to join the party here, but...

I just want to say that I can officially no longer watch a Duke game that Mike Patrick commentates. The man is just obssessed with JJ Redick. I mean, Redick has turned into a fantastic college player, but when Dickie V is the guy trying to reel in someone in their praise of Duke, you knows its gotten too far. Even when Redick screws up, it's "Such a rare thing to see a mistake from him." I just can't stomach it anymore.

I've always said that I will give my kids the freedom to do whatever they choose. My parents werent the type to force things on me as a kid, allowing me to choose my own path in life, which I did. Now I'm happily married with two beautiful children, a modest home, a nice job, nice friends...etc.

Ok, enough of that BS, if he ever roots for Dook, he can look for a new dad. :)

No question. If my son ever rooted for Dook, he be disowned.

Let me put it this way: when I was deciding on which college to apply to, I was looking at the Ivies, Hopkins, Stanford, et al. My guidance counselor one day suggested that I take a hard look at Dook. Just the thought made me feel dirty, but I politely said, "No thanks, I'll be applying to UNC, and the two are mutually exclusive."

I told my dad that night what she had said, just to hear his response. He actually took the time out of his schedule the next day to call the guidance counselor to tell her how appalled he was to hear that, and that she really needs to do a better job of getting to know her advisees!

I just want to say that I can officially no longer watch a Duke game that Mike Patrick commentates. The man is just obssessed with JJ Redick. I mean, Redick has turned into a fantastic college player, but when Dickie V is the guy trying to reel in someone in their praise of Duke, you knows its gotten too far. Even when Redick screws up, it's "Such a rare thing to see a mistake from him." I just can't stomach it anymore.

Oh man, glad you brought this up, as this was the main topic of conversation at work today. Mike Patrick is a great announcer but he's done way too many Dook games the past few years. Last night was ridiculous, he was praising Redick and Dook far beyond the usual Dookie V stuff.

http://www.firemikepatrick.com/

No Dook stuff, but it's intersting to note that fans of two sports can't stand the guy.

And this from CNNSI:

"Finally, was it really necessary for ESPN to show both the Duke-Virginia Tech and Duke-Virginia games last week? Did Mike Patrick threaten a walk-out if they showed anyone else?" :002_sbiggrin:

Let me put it this way: when I was deciding on which college to apply to, I was looking at the Ivies, Hopkins, Stanford, et al. My guidance counselor one day suggested that I take a hard look at Dook. Just the thought made me feel dirty, but I politely said, "No thanks, I'll be applying to UNC, and the two are mutually exclusive."

I told my dad that night what she had said, just to hear his response. He actually took the time out of his schedule the next day to call the guidance counselor to tell her how appalled he was to hear that, and that she really needs to do a better job of getting to know her advisees!

Just to play Devil's Advocate but wouldn't it be sort of sweet to go to Dook but be a huge UNC fan and just piss everyone on the campus off? Cause you know they are pansies and would never actually confront someone. Say what you want but Dook is a great school (not that UNC and Hopkins aren't). Btw, ND, why didn't you end up going to UNC?

How dare her, you would think she would've known.

http://www.firemikepatrick.com/

No Dook stuff, but it's intersting to note that fans of two sports can't stand the guy.

And this from CNNSI:

"Finally, was it really necessary for ESPN to show both the Duke-Virginia Tech and Duke-Virginia games last week? Did Mike Patrick threaten a walk-out if they showed anyone else?" :002_sbiggrin:

Haha, that is pretty funny. Actually, I don't mind Patrick most of the time. But I thought he was almost unbearable during the MD-Duke game. Last night against BC he was ten times worse.

Just to play Devil's Advocate but wouldn't it be sort of sweet to go to Dook but be a huge UNC fan and just piss everyone on the campus off? Cause you know they are pansies and would never actually confront someone. Say what you want but Dook is a great school (not that UNC and Hopkins aren't). Btw, ND, why didn't you end up going to UNC?

As an Orthodox Jew, there was no religious life there for me. There are maybe 500 Jews on campus (out of over 14,000 people), but I'd have been the only one who was Orthodox.

And it was pretty crucial to me and my dad that I marry someone Jewish, so we didn't care for our odds. He did tell me that if I got married before I enrolled, I could go, and I considered proposing to my girlfriend at the time to make it happen, but I'd have to say it's a good thing that didn't take place.

I took annual trips to Chapel Hill during the 3 years I was at Hopkins. I went twice for lax games, and in the year they played in Baltimore, I went down for a weekend just for the hell of it. After trying to make arrangements with the Hillel there each year, I can say with no regrets that although I'd have loved to have been a student there, it just would ever have worked religiously.

BTW, Seth, were you a TEP at Chapel Hill?

As an Orthodox Jew, there was no religious life there for me. There are maybe 500 Jews on campus (out of over 14,000 people), but I'd have been the only one who was Orthodox.

And it was pretty crucial to me and my dad that I marry someone Jewish, so we didn't care for our odds. He did tell me that if I got married before I enrolled, I could go, and I considered proposing to my girlfriend at the time to make it happen, but I'd have to say it's a good thing that didn't take place.

I took annual trips to Chapel Hill during the 3 years I was at Hopkins. I went twice for lax games, and in the year they played in Baltimore, I went down for a weekend just for the hell of it. After trying to make arrangements with the Hillel there each year, I can say with no regrets that although I'd have loved to have been a student there, it just would ever have worked religiously.

Wow I admire how devoutly religious you are where it plays a prominent role in important life decisions.

No I wasnt.

I dont remember seeing many Orthodox Jews while at Chapel Hill to be honest. Although one of my old Hebrew School teacher's sons went there also, but he was class of '89, three years ahead of me.

Archived