Per Roch---BRob in play for Gavin Floyd

weemnj

Yeah, I made the same mistake of memory - I lumped SG in with Mackus (who was, actually, going nuts). The real problem I was having with SG was that he was condemning AM and the team before things had concluded. But that's a different thing altogether. Not germane in the least.

Yea..I did do this a few days before but I did think it would get done on the final day.

Ultimately, Geschinger was the one who was right all along and I eventually agreed with him and felt that Wieters couldn't/wouldn't walk away from all the money.

• Replies 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The trade is NOT going to happen. There will NOT be an extension given to Roberts. This team is a joke, they are NOT going to do anything that makes sense. I hate it just as much as the next guy, but this team has taken me to the edge.

Personally I dont see anything wrong with this post. Its better than 5 threads & hundreds of pages where people were extremely positive that we were getting Tex. Dont take it personally 24 ..It can be tough being new here. I find it interesting that Peace would pick on this new guy ...But have little to say about the pages of back & forth from SG & Shack. They pretty much have been going on all day.

I tried giving you rep but it wouldn't let me.

I think the other thing that needs to be talked about is the context for so much of the Wieters talk. We heard from our insiders, Callis, Joe Jordan, the Sun, etc...that Wieters wasn't getting done. Plus, the Porcello contract wasn't a good thing for us either.

We were all pissed about it and many of us were then saying that you can't let Wieters walk away for a few million.

End of the day, we were basing our frustration and thoughts about what we were being told and that is obviously different than what AM was hearing.

I'll just take that rep at a later date no worries!

All I can say is thank Allah I wasn't on the OH that night. I was out at the bars so I got to have fun, avoid the emotional roller coaster, and have my Wieters too.

Also, and this question is separate from the shack/SG debate, would a single person on here not have paid 10 mil for Wieters after the fact given his MiL season? Of all the places we've pissed away 4 million dollars I couldn't think of a better use for the money.

Yea..I did do this a few days before but I did think it would get done on the final day.

Ultimately, Geschinger was the one who was right all along and I eventually agreed with him and felt that Wieters couldn't/wouldn't walk away from all the money.

Hey, I was with Gesch and layed out a coherent argument about catcher development, leverage, and whatnot!

Seriously, though, there were only a handful of us who remained confident in that throughout. Helps to be clueless, I suppose. ;)

I'll just take that rep at a later date no worries!

All I can say is thank Allah I wasn't on the OH that night. I was out at the bars so I got to have fun, avoid the emotional roller coaster, and have my Wieters too.

Also, and this question is separate from the shack/SG debate, would a single person on here not have paid 10 mil for Wieters after the fact given his MiL season? Of all the places we've pissed away 4 million dollars I couldn't think of a better use for the money.

We'll get a few more chances to spend big dollars on draft picks. We are going to be picking in the top 10 for the next 4 or 5 seasons.

Hey, I was with Gesch and layed out a coherent argument about catcher development, leverage, and whatnot!

Seriously, though, there were only a handful of us who remained confident in that throughout. Helps to be clueless, I suppose. ;)

Yep, you are right...You were confident as well and were doing the same as Gesch..To be honest, I didn't remember that...That damn gesch just sinks into your head when it comes to Boras. :D

We'll get a few more chances to spend big dollars on draft picks. We are going to be picking in the top 10 for the next 4 or 5 seasons.

Definitely top 10 next year, I'm not so sure after that. I'm more optimistic than most on here about 2010-2011 even if we're not as aggressively reforming the roster as I'd like.

We shall see and I'm sure we'll both be here to talk about it either way.

Definitely top 10 next year, I'm not so sure after that. I'm more optimistic than most on here about 2010-2011 even if we're not as aggressively reforming the roster as I'd like.

We shall see and I'm sure we'll both be here to talk about it either way.

Even if Tillman, Matusz, & Arrieta are here it unlikely they'd have huge success in their first season. Thats not counting what the Yanks & Sox do to upgrade their teams between now & then.

Lucky Jim loves to be acknowledged!

Here you go LJ, I think you are one of the best posters on the board and you're almost always right. You were right about Wieters. Furthermore I respect your ability to rationally break down an argument without getting emotionally invested, which can block the discussion from moving forward. I'm really arrogant and I would say you're a better poster than me (that was difficult for me to type).

I'm definitely funnier than you though!

EDIT: I really have a problem with turning everything into a competition, even when I'm trying to compliment someone.

Oh my bad...I thought you were saying they wouldn't trade one of them.

I agree that they aren't likely to trade both of them.

BTW, Beckham could be just a few months away.

It's cool.

You think? He had a good showing this past offseason and all, but I'd say before I'd be ready to promote him I'd have to see him tear the cover off the ball in AA. I guess you are right though, it wouldn't surprise me at all to see him during the season. All the more reason why they should throw Fields our way and let us take the chance with him though.

Lucky Jim loves to be acknowledged!

Here you go LJ, I think you are one of the best posters on the board and you're almost always right. You were right about Wieters. Furthermore I respect your ability to rationally break down an argument without getting emotionally invested, which can block the discussion from moving forward. I'm really arrogant and I would say you're a better poster than me (that was difficult for me to type).

I'm definitely funnier than you though!

EDIT: I really have a problem with turning everything into a competition, even when I'm trying to compliment someone.

Too much rep...Blah blah blah!!!

I'm right there with you!

Even if Tillman, Matusz, & Arrieta are here it unlikely they'd have huge success in their first season. Thats not counting what the Yanks & Sox do to upgrade their teams between now & then.

I'm not saying that we're going to be competing for the division, just that we won't be one of the 10 worst teams in baseball, we'll be slightly above that.

Wieters/Jones/Markakis in 2010, so sexy.

Archived