Not going to work in this park

eddie83

I need to double check this but I am seeing the following. The Orioles are 14-8 at home vs LH starters. 

That said,  LH starters ERA is 2.74. 

In the last 8 starts it’s 1.89. 

I may have missed a game or made a math error. I’ll will recheck later. 

Last 8 home games vs LH 

IP/ER

Cortes           6/0

McLanahan     7/2

Yarborough      6/1

Kikuchi            5/5

Sears             6/2

Hill                5/0

Alexander        7/0

Wentz           5.2/0

1 hour ago, Aristotelian said:

Lol, I meant Urias. I think Ramon Ortiz is a combination of Ramon Urias and Joey Ortiz???

Seriously, the main thing Ramon brought going into this year was high BB% and good AB's, but that has disappeared. He has played plus defense at 3B and done just enough with the bat to stay as a starter for now, but he is in a similar place with Mateo and Hays where we may have better options soon.

Yeah, his BA/OBP have been disappointing this year.  I’d certainly hoped for better.  Overall, an inconsistent year offensively for him.  

As I mentioned before, I think getting good players is the biggest piece here.

I will also say that I like the idea of moving the wall back and making it higher, however I think they went a little overboard by about 10 feet or so.  

Tonight, Mountcastle hit a drive that would have been a homer in any other park in the majors but it was a long out (Baddoo made a nice grab against the wall) here.  

I'm of the opinion that if you hit a ball hard like that, you should be rewarded for it.  At the very least, I believe that ball should have been off the wall and if it were 10 feet closer, it probably would have been or maybe gotten out into the first row.  

Anyway, like I said, I think they moved it back a little too far.  Overall, I'm still happy with it though.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I will also say that I like the idea of moving the wall back and making it higher, however I think they went a little overboard by about 10 feet or so.  

Tonight, Mountcastle hit a drive that would have been a homer in any other park in the majors but it was a long out (Baddoo made a nice grab against the wall) here.  

I'm of the opinion that if you hit a ball hard like that, you should be rewarded for it.  At the very least, I believe that ball should have been off the wall and if it were 10 feet closer, it probably would have been or maybe gotten out into the first row.  

Anyway, like I said, I think they moved it back a little too far.  Overall, I'm still happy with it though.

Of course. I just think the issues are more pronounced at this park. 

I have to think there are rules where they can’t tweak it all the time. I do agree they could bring it back a little bit. 

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

I agree that they overdid it a bit.  But I don’t expect them to dial it back any time soon.  

Kathryn Rowe will probably have some work to do protecting the psyches of Orioles right handed bats.

Mountcastle, Hays, Westburg, Norby, Mayo....its part of all their futures.      Doubles and triples are good too.

I do guard my optimism whether the power Westburg and Norby have shown this year will play any better than Hays or Urias.

I hope Mountcastle and Mayo are beastly enough to get their fair share, but once they get enough veteranosity they probably will slip in occasional remarks too.      

Just beat the other guys that night, like Moose said at the 30th anniversary celebration.

47 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I agree that they overdid it a bit.  But I don’t expect them to dial it back any time soon.  

I think every park should be like the new OPACY.  Every new stadium should have to have LF/LC/CF/RC/RF dimensions that add up to at least 1930 feet.  350-390-450-390-350 would do it.  But so would 300-440-450-440-300.  Or 325-380-415-477-333.

And if you try to make the fences in between those signs really short they tie you to a post outside the stadium and every day the fans can come by and shoot you with paint guns, and the fences get fixed by my own architectural committee.

• Haha 1