Wednesday September 21: Orioles try to avoid season sweep by Tigers

SteveA

3 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Sometimes it takes guys a little bit to get used to the upper decks. I did a lot of research on all of the flyballs hit to him and like I said on a previous post, he only has one ball where the catch percentage was over 50% (60%) that he didn't catch.

He's not as bad as some seems to think, even though his jump numbers aren't great, I think they will improve. 

The play vs the Nats he didn’t have much of a chance to catch it but he dove and the ball went past him. Cost the Orioles a run. 

He did remind me of Orsulak on those catches. The style and mannerisms. 

1 hour ago, Gurgi said:

Game thread kind of slow tonight.  I guess we all realize the Orioles aint getting into postseason.   

Awesome Hr by Stowers.  Good to see him getting playing time.   I dont want to see Odor again!

Like eddie83, I had stuff going on. Incredibly busy week. Even missing five chances to see Tides in my hometown of Durham this week. But while I enjoy the game threads (and I made an effort to be here more this year in memory of my friend ScOtt), I do find I end up watching my computer more than the game. That's not what I want. It's an art trying to be active on game threads and seeing the game at hand. Hats off to you guys who seem to manage it.

Exhibit A: I missed that Mountcastle grab while typing this. And almost missed Stowers' nice game ending grab. 

I do have a nice setup, but I hate missing action by typing or reading. 

zBwE6qY.jpg

Edited by NashLumber
image upload

4 hours ago, NashLumber said:

Like eddie83, I had stuff going on. Incredibly busy week. Even missing five chances to see Tides in my hometown of Durham this week. But while I enjoy the game threads (and I made an effort to be here more this year in memory of my friend ScOtt), I do find I end up watching my computer more than the game. That's not what I want. It's an art trying to be active on game threads and seeing the game at hand. Hats off to you guys who seem to manage it.

Exhibit A: I missed that Mountcastle grab while typing this. And almost missed Stowers' nice game ending grab. 

I do have a nice setup, but I hate missing action by typing or reading. 

zBwE6qY.jpg

Very cool set-up! Who are the two figurines below the right-hand screen? One is Kenny Singleton, right?

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, LA2 said:

Very cool set-up! Who are the two figurines below the right-hand screen? One is Kenny Singleton, right?

Thanks! It's a Weaver-Palmer bobblehead combo. And that guitar on the wall is what I call a "Birdcaster". A friend of mine who used to live in Baltimore years ago mailed it to me when she moved to Maine. According to Ebay, it appears to be from 2004.

s-l1600.jpg

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, NashLumber said:

Thanks! It's a Weaver-Palmer bobblehead combo. And that guitar on the wall is what I call a "Birdcaster". A friend of mine who used to live in Baltimore years ago mailed it to me when she moved to Maine. According to Ebay, it appears to be from 2004.

s-l1600.jpg

Wow, How wrong cd I have been? It was the shadow.

A Natty Bo Birdcaster!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, LA2 said:

Wow, How wrong cd I have been? It was the shadow.

A Natty Bo Birdcaster!

And I was sort of scoffed at in the game thread the day before by pointing our the O's only needed to win 6 of the final 16 to finish above .500. Now it's just four more wins. Playoffs? A distant dream. One game over .500. Doable!